EL70?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:)

I've had a good long look at the CHP-70s. I think I would like them. I just wish they were 4 ohm...

I am one who appreciates the fact that two EL70s in series is a very compatible 8 ohm load, with no other "parts" involved.

Cogitech,

You can take a look at the Gen1 CHP-70 at rumoh.nl - Dave stated they have some stock. The driver is slightly less exptended at top and bottom than EL-70, but pretty similar sound overall (maybe slightly warmer), which is sweet and enjoyable. The vocal presence of CHP-70.1 is slightly more felt, possibly due to the overall balance of the driver. At the low end EL-70 definitely has an edge, with less excursion when you are playing louder. Also read that they should work in same tuning in a box like the Microtowers.

I have a pair of EL70 microTowers that I love and would like to add a center channel to my setup. What drivers(s) should I be looking at for a clean sonic match that are available? I would love to find another pair of el70's (I could always use the one of the centers as replacements for a main if I had to), but looks like that just isn't going to happen - missed my chance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.