DiyIowa, anyone going ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not this weekend but the following (20-oct) in Grinnel, Iowa (between cedar rapids and des moins).

To me it is kind of a "parts-express" crowd, or madisound people. Cones and domes, , 2 and 3-ways, stuff like that.

Not a place to shine for this forum favorite speakers (full range drivers in a big auditorium).

Norman

Last edited:
I'll be going and I'm probably taking a CHP-70.2 single driver pair. There's going to be folks getting together Friday evening as well, in a smaller room. I've been to one other Iowa event and a couple other similar events with these folks. They're really a great group of guys, interested in a lot of different approaches. If you're considering going, I'd say give it a shot, along with your FRs. I, for one, would like to hear more single driver units. The Friday afternoon/evening crowd will be at the Comfort Inn. I think folks will start arriving around 3PM, so things will start moving after that.
If you're anywhere near Grinnell, Iowa on Saturday, it's absolutely worth stopping by to see and hear what's on display. These guys like to think outside the box when it comes to audio.
Mike

Maybe next year I'll bring this, it would work for 1 pair of ears at 1 seat in a hotel room, maybe a couch wide coverage.
And need baffle step and 10+khz notching. Total cone area around a 12".

focused%20array%2012_zps9f9a5481.jpg

I might bring this but I don't have a crossover knocked out yet.
silverflutemcmhorn2.jpg

I think we should wear name tages, like at AA.

Norman

thanks melo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.