Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th November 2012, 11:36 AM   #51
diyAudio Member

Im so glad I read this thread I bought a pair of 206e with phase plugs off ebay they were the right price in vented old kef boxes 54l in size and they had all the mid shout that was really starting to get me frustrated!

Dave thankyou

I looked on my workbench and yesterday my wife asked if I wanted some small hard plastic cups for my bits and pieces. Well i pulled the vent pipes out and stuffed those in perfect fit! vinyl on and transformed!!!

together with running single cat 5 its almost there whoopee The Co-Op billionaires pudding fix so im now full enjoying my Amp camp amp thanks again............now singular BiB or..........umm

Last edited by Macfixer; 15th November 2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: spelling!
Old 15th November 2012, 11:48 AM   #52
diyAudio Member

The boxes are a bought half full of light stuffing if i wanted to try to tame the mid forward more which way should I go smaller box ie less stuffing or is that only true in things like a bib?
Old 15th November 2012, 02:39 PM   #53
diyAudio Member

BSC might be worth looking at - if the cabinet is missing that, you will get a very forward sound.

I suspect the FE206 won't go low in a sealed enclosure - perhaps if you added a subwoofer, the sound would balance out: having lots of treble extension but next to nothing <80Hz will also give a very forward sound.
Old 15th November 2012, 04:30 PM   #54
diyAudio Member

given its now a fe206e in a sealed box of 54litres, anyone got an idea of BSC values i might try?
Old 15th November 2012, 10:49 PM   #55
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Some articles here, including making an adjustable one, which is probably your best option: General Speaker Related Articles

GM
Old 16th November 2012, 11:44 AM   #56
DrBoar is offline DrBoar  Sweden
diyAudio Member

A real horn for the Fostex
SIDE VIVACE - a lowther based Hi-end loudspeaker
It is really a variant of the classical Scmacks below, I think that the change in baffle load and the side ways horn opening is an improvement
http://www.audiofanatic.it/Piani_cos.../schmacks2.JPG
Old 20th November 2012, 05:26 AM   #57
freddi is offline freddi  United States
diyAudio Member

I've wired a filament transformer to work as an ~ BSC network using one leg of a common 1K pot on the high impedance side of the transformer and the low impedance side of the transformer in series with the speaker - it will make some solid state amps sound something like a low damping factor tube amp. Ignore the cap below - that was just to measure the effect upon the reflected impedance. Decware should still sell their raw Gizmo transformers which should be better quality.

Karlson couplers work well with FE206EN and need no BSC The smallest coupler I tried was our forum's "SK8" (Super K8) and less than 2 cubic foot external bulk. Subjective quality was very good. FE206EN in a stock K12 can be exciting with a lot of punch for an 8" driver.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by freddi; 20th November 2012 at 05:50 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!