Could this box work with a fostex Fe103en and a Fe83en drivers? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd October 2012, 10:46 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Could this box work with a fostex Fe103en and a Fe83en drivers?

Good Afternoon,

I was looking at images of boxes for the fostex fe103 and I came across this looking speaker? Look at the center channel. A very different approuch. Well I couldn't read it due to me not being able to read or speak this lingo.I wonder how they sound? This is why I enjoy this forum and doing diy. Different strokes for different folks. Jm

Click the image to open in full size.

Here is a link to the page. อยากทราบแนวเสียงของ fostex fe-103e ครับ
Old 5th October 2012, 01:42 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I am still wondering if anyone has anything to add or say about this set up? Jm
Old 5th October 2012, 02:34 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi natural sound, interesting. That would be fun to hear. And you've selected very tasty drivers from the Fostex line. I assume you like acoustic / jazz / etc.?

Personally, I think you could go with greater simplicity -- two satellites (with a sub or two) would arguably be superior, cheapier, easier to build, etc. for stereo listening (in my opinion).

The upward-firing drivers would splash a lot of sound around and probably be spacious and fun on home theater. But for the same or less money, you could build 5 satellites to get roughly the same thing, and gain greater flexibility. Simplicity goes a long way in speaker design.

If you really want towers like that, pulled into the room, then those towers would need either (a) a BSC circuit, (b) bipole (second driver firing out back), (c) run in a 2-driver 1.5 configuration, or... Also, superficially, to me, the towers look too tall (i.e., tuned too low) to my eye, pure speculation, and presumably the vertical resonance will modulate the upward-firing driver unless it lives in its own little chamber.
Old 5th October 2012, 10:43 AM   #4
N4BBQ is offline N4BBQ  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural sound View Post
Install the Google Chrome browser. It will translate languages on the fly.

Hide this!Advertise here!