Could this box work with a fostex Fe103en and a Fe83en drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good Afternoon,

I was looking at images of boxes for the fostex fe103 and I came across this looking speaker? Look at the center channel. A very different approuch. Well I couldn't read it due to me not being able to read or speak this lingo.I wonder how they sound? This is why I enjoy this forum and doing diy:). Different strokes for different folks:D. Jm

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here is a link to the page. ÍÂÒ¡·ÃÒºá¹ÇàÊÕ§¢Í§ fostex fe-103e ¤ÃѺ

Hi natural sound, interesting. That would be fun to hear. And you've selected very tasty drivers from the Fostex line. I assume you like acoustic / jazz / etc.?

Personally, I think you could go with greater simplicity -- two satellites (with a sub or two) would arguably be superior, cheapier, easier to build, etc. for stereo listening (in my opinion).

The upward-firing drivers would splash a lot of sound around and probably be spacious and fun on home theater. But for the same or less money, you could build 5 satellites to get roughly the same thing, and gain greater flexibility. Simplicity goes a long way in speaker design.

If you really want towers like that, pulled into the room, then those towers would need either (a) a BSC circuit, (b) bipole (second driver firing out back), (c) run in a 2-driver 1.5 configuration, or... Also, superficially, to me, the towers look too tall (i.e., tuned too low) to my eye, pure speculation, and presumably the vertical resonance will modulate the upward-firing driver unless it lives in its own little chamber.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.