Dallas II VS Kirishima for Fostex FE206EN

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

Last spring another member asked a similar question on DiyAudio but rapidly the discussion focus on the Dallas III.

Id like to know your opinion about those enclosures : the Dallas II VS the Kirishima. .

More information :
1) the size of the cabinet is not important for me;
2) most of my listening are accoustic Jazz and small chamber orchestra
3) the drivers are the Fostex 206EN
4) my amp is the Bottlehead Stereomour
5) my listening room is 12 'x14' (3,7 m x 4,3)
6) I guess to have the skill to build both

Thanks!

Thanks again Dave, but can you share your opinion about those two cabinets or it's a bit difficult for you because of your commercial implication (that I would understand...).
Luc (sorry for my awful English, I speak French...)

Not having heard either of the 2 specific enclosures, our (see tag line) opinions would be a combination of conjecture based on the simulations and anecdotal impressions of folks who've heard either/both ( I suspect the latter set of listeners is small?)

That said, FWIW, I can offer that of the array of BLH's I've heard with a range of other drivers, I generally prefer the presentation of rear mouth exits, whether single or double. If going for a front mouth design, I'd probably favor something like the Dallas for placement & listening distance flexibility.

and your English is much better than my French

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.