Jordan jx92s fullrange drivers vs other fullrange drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'll take this reference as the "old / original" JX9S, which at the risk of pulling off a scab, was a driver that in its last couple of years of production with that moniker was subject to some suspect QC - that's something I definitely heard for myself - of two pairs that I've heard, one definitely had some damage, and one was from the group buy of a few years ago - so the question should include the qualification "which 92?"

To a lesser extent, the same could be said about the evolution of Mark's Alpairs and CH series - i.e. "which exact generation?" .

I never had any QC issues with 92 and I used and measured hmmmm, about 30 or 40.
First pair of MA I had on hands however had a .5ohm difference in DCR.
My guess is this is very generalized and random.
I remember a inverted surround 92s too. These were build by hand and the rumor was that they were assembled by old ladies on the kitchen. i can imagine these been inconsistent but in the last 7 years or so, haven't seen one "offed" driver aside from obvious abuse or shipping damage. Just my 2c.
Roman.

The inverted surrounds were, I think, the original J92s introduced in the early 90s. I heard these at one of the hi-fi shows and thought they sounded OK but restricted HF. When the JX92S came in, it was manufactured by Vifa.

Martin King mentioned ages ago that the samples he measured were very consistent. I'm not sure if production switched before or after EAD got involved. I know Mark Audio didn't produce a version, unlike the JXR6 HD.

Moving production back to the UK, from what Ted has told me, is more a case of keeping an eye on the development process and not having to wait ages for production samples to go back and forth across continents. It also makes it easier to stop the manufacturer at the other end introducing compromises.

I think Nelson Pass nailed it in post #3
They are very good all rounders, and I like them for that. They do sound a bit "metallic detailed but are free of the midrange-shout customed to alot of widebanders.
I use them in small BR:s as computer monitors, and they work great for that application.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.