Slightly creased driver MA CHR-70

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

I was fiddling with my microtowers yesterday and noticed to my horror that one of the drivers have a slight crease. I have no idea how this happened, but its there. It does not appear to have altered the sound.

20120923_2016271_zps8affc369.jpg

Its probably worth leaving well alone, but can it be flattened out?

Does someone in the UK have a spare Mk1 CHR-70 for sale? :)

Thanks

Richard

Do you have children? I've a very similar looking mark on one of the chr-70 in my centre channel that I've put down to either one of mine or one of the others half's friends kids and wandering fingers .

If you do find any mk1 available , I'd be happy to half's on a pair .

Steve

Hi Zia

Good to hear from you too!

If the truth be known the cabinets were put to one side for most of this year as I have been really busy with work and family. I'm also on the committee of a photographic club and this takes up a lot of time. Fun though.

Yes the bass is much better thanks. The back of the cabinets remain unglued as I wanted to run the drivers in before sealing them up. I currently have the playing at a low volume all day, every day. Once a have a few hundred hours on them I will start playing with the stuffing. There is currently stuffing behind the drivers, and down to the bottom of the lower brace.

Do you have children? I've a very similar looking mark on one of the chr-70 in my centre channel that I've put down to either one of mine or one of the others half's friends kids and wandering fingers .

If you do find any mk1 available , I'd be happy to half's on a pair .

Steve

Hi Steve

Yes, but these were in a box out of the way :)

If someone chimes in with a good price I will let you know

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.