3"or 4" driver with very good dispersion and high xmax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked her, and thot she'd be a good regular. Then after she got blowed up with the Dalek prison planet, i gave up on that idea. It will be interesting how they twist things up from here being a Dalek & dead.

What i heard was that her relations to former Dr Who cast is more convoluted than you outline.

Presumably as he's a Time Lord, he should be able to haul her out of it somehow. Well, who wouldn't? ;)

Possibly; I admit, I haven't gone into the matter in detail. But she's going to do well. :)

A3 is no longer available for diyers except for unsold units still in the distibution channel.

I hadn't heard that before, although I'm not surprised. Decent driver, but it wasn't great value for money IMO, so I can't say my heart is bleeding.

I think the Faital 4Fe30, 4Fe/32 are very nice drivers, good xmax for a 4" if You need that, can take a lot of abuse, havent destroyed any yet.

In the right kind of design they have a really decent bottom end, like this for instance:

tdl5.jpg

If You need more spl this might be the way to go:

bio1b.jpg

Using 20 pcs of this driver they do play pretty loud. Hf is good but a little bit too "laid back". The little sister 3Fe20 /3Fe22 is far better in the upper regions, actually sounds better,in my opinion, overall, maybe because the papercone while the 4" has a carbonfibre cone, this , very serious, first test of the 3Fe20 actually plays music in a way i could live with, and design is superb?

3FE202.jpg

Ingvar

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Markus, I know this is probably a silly question as you are posting in the full range forum, but what frequency range are you planning on using it over? I bought some SB accoustics 4" midrange drivers which look very nice on paper (sound pretty nice in their cardboard shipping boxes as well). I'm going to attempt to run the full range (which may not succeed even though I can't hear much above 13K). Unfortunately a house purchase and subsequent diy painting of said house has shelved that project for now. Three possible options:
SB Acoustics :: 4? SB12NRX25-4
SB Acoustics :: 4" SB12NRXF25-4
SB Acoustics :: 4" SB12MNRX25-4

I've got the last one, build quality is very good! graph attached, but polar is only 30 and 60deg. Only about 5db down at 10K at 30deg.

Tony.

Attachments

• SB12MNRX25-4-chart.jpg
    SB12MNRX25-4-chart.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 474
I think Dave is referring to the way the off axis response follows the on axis response in an even manner. ie gradually widening as frequency goes up with no deviations from the original on axis response, just x db down.

Tony.

If that's what he meant then we would need to look much closer - and wider :) We don't know how his measurements were taken, which is also true for mine.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I think Dave is referring to the way the off axis response follows the on axis response in an even manner. ie gradually widening as frequency goes up with no deviations from the original on axis response, just x db down.

Wxctly. THis is,according to Toole an important asswt.

If that's what he meant then we would need to look much closer - and wider :) We don't know how his measurements were taken, which is also true for mine.

Mark's measures were taken an a large anechoic chamber, with a professional level calibrated mic by guys who know what they are doing
dave

Status
Not open for further replies.