Best floorstanding plan for Alpair 10.2 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As they were all carefully designed for A10.2, difference should be minimal and comparison result will vary from place to place.

As they were designed with difference goals / compromises, the differences below several hundred Hz might be more noticeable than you think - regardless of room, source, etc

Besides, Woden Silbury is mostly interested if space allowed.
yup, this type of design shares some of the room placement / space requirements of larger bipole / dipole types - as least in the sense that if you crowd them, the performance can suffer

I don't know. I didn't realise they were being produced commercially, and they shouldn't have any foam in them at all. My loathing of acoustic foam is well known and the box is not designed to use it. Rip it out, add the recommended density of damping, & adjust to your individual requirements / preferences.

Last edited:
Scottmoose, thanks a lot for your reply.They are custom made to my order, not ready-made product. And their accuracy is not good, hope it won't affect the sound by big margin. I will get those Polyfil a.s.a.p. as upper bass is quite muddy now. Thanks, Brian

I note that you mentioned "brand new" Alpair10.2 - they'll need full break-in per Mark's recommendations before you can assess the fill levels that you find most satisfactory.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.