New speakers have no WAF - looking for a new design - but what about sound?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@chrisb do you mean a soft spot for the FE126E in the Mikasa enclosure or the FH3?
just to be sure. :)

FH3 -( I'm not sure I've even heard a Mikasa) - and as implied, the "soft spot" for the 126 in the FH3 is really in reference to the combination compared to the same driver in other small format BLHs that I've heard, many of which are not as compliant with other types of drivers, and don't deliver the same performance.

This is based on the "bang for buck" - a combination of the 126's efficiency and dynamic / dramatic presentation in this type of enclosure. To be sure, as Dave noted above, there are several other drivers that work in the FH3, and for folks who prefer a less forward presentation and the upper midrange projection for which the 126 is well know, the Alpair7.3 is a great choice.

can I have some organic maple syrup with my waffles, and a cup of nice black coffee please?

Thanks for that Chrisb.
I'll probably just move my FE126's from the Mikasa's into the FH3's and later on might look for something else. Can't justify buying more drivers with the missus at the moment :)
Looking forward to building the FH3, seen some beautiful designs on this site.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.