The Little Engine that couldn't

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have had this speaker going for some time in a test box as well. Maybe it's just me but lately it seems like it has "come on" after being overly quiet. My setup is not very accurate but sorting out the various MA designs from P10 and whatnot has not gotten me to start on something. The Point 70 looks good. Then this is countered by it not being the .2. I have the .2 paper cone "vintage style" from Madisound which I think is still going on.

My use is nearly all streaming audio (meaning online radio).

Probably had Thomas the Tank Engine in there somewhere.

Re the Point 70, looks fine. Far as I know, it's a straightforward BR, so no great difficulties producing an equivalent for the current unit. I pointed to a couple of 4th order alignments above with a minor adaptation / note which should do OK (I don't generally advise flat alignments in practice, although I often provide them on forums as a baseline, on the understanding that people will adjust the tuning to suit their particular room / system / taste).

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.