recone coral flat 8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello,

i'm looking for a recone kit for my coral flat 8.

the cone is gotten stiff so i would like to put a new one in place.

problem is that there is not much information online. The suspension is not foam or rubber but a kind of cloth.

could anybody help me out what i need and where to get it ?
and if it is doable to do it myself ?

thanks in advance
kind regards

thanks guys,

i really have tried everything to soften the cloth. i had another topic with a mass of information in it....

nothing helped, but i guess that the fostex cloth could do the trick very well.

does anybody know where i can buy these ? also, what would be the best way to get rid of the old one ?

thanks guys

Here are 4 companys you could call or E-mail about surrounds like fostex but, you might only be able to get foam, treated cloth, or rubber?

Meniscus audio group in michigan Here's the link:Professional Repair, recone, refoam
I would go with Meniscus audio due to me knowing mark and chad and I send all of my friends here and they thank me so much.

Here is another link to another repair company called NewFoam:NEWFOAM - The Speaker Place- DIY Kits

Here is another link to another repair place. I think they only sell kits and videos to help you repair your surrounds?DIY Speaker Repair Kits, Re-foam, Re-edge, New Foam Surrounds

Here is one more link for a repair: Its Decware with steve decker. Here is a link:Speaker Repair

Now I have called acouple of these companys about replaceing older fostex treated cloth surrounds? Some use foam to me it doesn't matter as long as my speakers sound and last is all I am looking for now a days. I hope this helps. Jm

i have bought the glycerine,

but how to apply ? i have put a bit on the suspension, but nothing seems to happen, it is still as stiff as it can be....

thanks

you should apply it on both sides of the surroundings(not spider) and let it so 24h, then with a cloth wipe out whats the rest of it... if that don't work try armor all

Last edited:
hello i gave a few shots, nothing happened, the suspension showed another color but it's still very stiff, i guess a recone has to be done, but i wanna do it myself, cause the cone is very discolored and there are dents in the whizzer... i guess the speaker isn't worth it anymore to spend a fortune... pitty that they don't make these corals anymore, or a manufacture doesn't try to get close to the sound of these...

so now i'm looking for a good place to buy some suspensions...
thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.