taming harshness of fostex FF125WK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Chris, let me bounce this off you and please don't think I have issues with nice plywood - other than it cost a lot.

The combination of the flare port(s) and the use of Medex on this build may be a total package, they may be working together. I'm getting very nice low low, natural sounding bass.

Chris, let me bounce this off you and please don't think I have issues with nice plywood - other than it cost a lot.

The combination of the flare port(s) and the use of Medex on this build may be a total package, they may be working together. I'm getting very nice low low, natural sounding bass.

Oh, I understand about synergy ; congrats on your successful FR builds - it seems it wasn't all that long ago that what I think was your first Fostex build was more than a bit underwhelming

Nice. I still prefer Sarah Smart though ;)

As Ann-Britt Hogland in the BBC Wallander series:

Attachments

• Ann-Britt Hogland.jpg
    Ann-Britt Hogland.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
I revive this old thread because i have obtained good result with a notch filter. I went on mh-audio.nl - Home for calculate a filter the most narrow as possible. The calcultor gave me : 0.033 mH, 16,2 uF and 17 ohms for 10 dB damping at 7khz. Then, i made a coil by hand , welded it with the caps and made a try. Bad result ! Rather no result at all, the filter was more like a wire. I made an impedance measurment with speaker workshop . The graph showed me that the filter was centered at 5600 Hz . I decreased by steps of 1 uF several times until the notch was centered at 7 kHz with the measured value of 12,9 uF. Then, i made a second try and i figured it out this time, harshness was dissapeared with no bad effect. The high was a bit laid back but i have no put any resistor. I plane to put 15 ohm. I'll post some pictures soon.

Guillaume

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.