Buschhorn copys?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all I was thinking of building a pair of buschhorn #2 for my friend who wants a corner load speaker? I saw the buschhorns and the buschhorns #2 and I thought I saw another speaker looking like the buschhorns? I also saw on a web site at one time not the zhorns but, it had the buschhorns # 2 and another pair of horns like it with both plans on it? Is there anyway somone could get me a copy of both plans? Thanks jm

Last edited:
Good grief, the only answer to that is 'how long is a piece of string.' ;) It's entirely dependent upon requirements and to an extent personal taste.

If you want a compact corner back-horn, FH3 will beat out the Buschorn in pretty much every area. The original FH was intended to improve on the Buschorn; the general consensus is that it did. And FH3 is a significant step forward from the original FH. It's the smallest box I would be willing to go with this driver if you want any LF output. There are other corner-loaded back-horn designs which will extract still more from the 126, but it depends how big you can go, since they are significantly larger.

Last edited:
Okey sounds good. I was able to get the plans for the FH3. So next step is to go buy the wood and start building it. Thanks jm

I've assembled more than a few pairs of these, as well as fabricated 40pairs of flat-pak kits, so if I might offer some suggestions;

- read the full documentation set, and search for the thread with posted photos of mock assembly, paying particular attention to location of panel damping pads and fill stuffing
- splurge on high quality plywood ( "baltic birch" or equivalent); 18mm (3/4" )for the front baffles and 15mm (5/8") for the rest is fine
- radius or chamfer the rear side of driver cut-out before assembly (rebate for flush mount if you're up to it )
- due to the narrow width, these can be tippy, particularly on carpeted floors - outriggers of some sort are highly recommended

Hello all I was thinking of building a pair of buschhorn #2 for my friend who wants a corner load speaker? I saw the buschhorns and the buschhorns #2 and I thought I saw another speaker looking like the buschhorns? I also saw on a web site at one time not the zhorns but, it had the buschhorns # 2 and another pair of horns like it with both plans on it? Is there anyway somone could get me a copy of both plans? Thanks jm
bushhorn1.jpg

These plans are availible if interested, they do just right with a fe166en or with some up-scaleing, fe206en! Klaushorn.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.