Sica Full Range speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am trying them now....

Hi,

I am trying the 10 inch Sicas at the moment. I finished the ob an hour ago so I can't give much information on the sound at the moment but give a day or two and I can get back to you with some impressions.

I can say that my ob simulations says that you would get aroud 60 Hz in a 90x90 cm baffel with the center of woofer at 70 cm heigth in the center.

Cheers

Here is the simulations I have made,

Hello,

Here are the simulations and the baffle design I use. They are without room gain and I will measure later how they perform in my room.

As for sound, they are better now than on Saturday. They have started to produce some bass but still a bit shy. So I will get back in that.

Cheers

Attachments

• sica90cmob.jpg
    sica90cmob.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 431
Some more listening...

Hello,

I have now tried the speakers some more and come to the conclusion below.
They sound ok but they lack bass and treble and the midrange sound muddled.

When it comes to the bass I think they suffer from the high FS, this in combination of “smallish” baffle makes the bass vague. You here the tones but no punch no depth. For example instruments don’t sound as full as they should.

They treble are soft without any harshness but it isn’t detailed. You hear everything but you don’t get the air and the “extra” you get with other speakers.

The midrange is good but it sounds a bit muddled, but I like it. When you play acoustic songs they sound very natural. And maybe that is the word to sum up my experience so far, natural. This is a speaker that lacks a lot but it sound ok and natural.

I have so far used the newish Musical Fidelity A1 amp and an own built gainclone with a diy tube preamp. As for loudspeakers I have compared to John Blue JB3 and Carlsson OA-5 MKII.

But I will experiment some more before I come to my conclusions.

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.