Frugel Horn for Lowther drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I've looked for this argument inside the huge thread about FH3 but I've found nothing.
I love Lowther drivers and I'm always looking for alternative plans than Lowthers'
FH3 are very beautiful nd quite easy to build but they seem to be suitable only for small drivers.
Are there any calculator for these cabinets as well as TQWT or BiB?
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Ziocalepino

I have a pair of Lowther C45 that I'm actually using on Accolade cabinets together with PM6C. Because of theri high cost it is very difficult for me to sell Accolade, more simple is sell Acousta with PM6C. So I remain with two C45, for which it exists a Lowther cabinet that I've built and destroyed because of its ugly sound. So I'm looking for alternative plans for C45 drivers.
Thanks for answering.
Bye
Zocalepino

Ah, if it's the C45, things become a little different.

You'd need a suprabaffle to make them physically fit, since according to the dimensions on the Lowther site they'd otherwise be a little wider than the FH3 cabinet, but otherwise, based on the published specs., the C45 looks to me like it should go in with a reasonable chance of working quite well. Q, Vas and Fs all look to be in the acceptable ballbark. I would probably be inclined to treat them in a similar way to the FE126En, i.e. corner-loading is likely to be preferable.

corner loading = placing the cabinets at opposing room corners along the same wall at rougthly ~45º to the 90º corner. in doing so the walls act as the last horn fold thus producing greater LF extension. FH3 is i believe a corner horn by design which can work with or without corner loading but best with.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.