Can Lowther PM6A go into Hedlunds?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello girls and boys

I know my question isn't exactly in the spirit of DIY but let's try...

There's a wonderfully built pair of Hedlund cabs for sale close to me. I'm sorely tempted and even worse, there's now a pair of PM6A for ridiculous price too.

I know this would demand a decent sub to make a sound trully full range but doesn't matter.

My main concern at the moment is if PM6A can at all go into the Hedlunds. I know that a back chamber is modelled after EX drivers. PM6A doesn't have a very big magnet but still it's a different assembly.

Any thoughts re PM6A in Hedlunds?

you don't find many posts around on this. someone suggested that there might be a need to extend a back chamber on hedlunds which might be a PITA in my case since they are finished.

though, he said it's enough to open 2 holes towards a tunnel which can be closed with plastic covers in case of use with a different driver. not sure if this is exactly a good thing and a viable solution since it would be difficult to predict what effect would a chamber open towards a tunnel have - would it be just some volume more or (more likely, especially if i drill a hole too big) there would be a soundwave going into the chamber.

but it will be a fun to play....

out of curiosity - as i have no other experience with lowther apart from C series, EX and DX, why 6A has such a good following, even regardless of price? is it a reputation that it sounds softest of all the lowthers or something else?

thanks!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.