Plugging speaker ports

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I'm Alex
I recently purchased a set of Polk Audio RTI A7's.:cool:
I brought them mainly for music playback but soon found out that they perform better in a HT configuration.:confused:

I later found out (through pain staking research) that plugging the ports (lower front and rear for bass and upper front for mids) would tighten the response of the drivers an turn them into a set of awesome music playback speakers; and it did.:)

I started with socks then move to form the I had custom made.

My question is can I use rubber stoppers instead of sock or foam?
I feel that this will prevent any air from escaping causing an even tighter driver response and turn the enclosure into a totally seal cabinet.

Side Note:
I have a Cerwin Vega cv-1800 amp (connected via a Nad 1155 preamp and im using an Ipad 3 for a Jukebox) that has more than enough power to drive them in this configuration; and as far a tv viewing I saw Battleship the other day and it was as good if not better than being at the theater.

Thank in advance:)

and as far a tv viewing I saw Battleship the other day and it was as good if not better than being at the theater.

Thank in advance:)

you sat all the way through that one?

If it wasn't for the $20 reservation and ticket price, I might well have walked out of Prometheus - IMAX 3D or not - to paraphrase Bill Maher ; "maybe I still don't believe in eternity, but that's 11hrs I'll never get back" - hyperbole of course, it was really only 6 hours:rolleyes:

Am I the only one who thought Prometheus was a good film? I can't say it was necessarily 'enjoyable', and I tend to lean toward the Carl Sagan view of possible advanced alien species in that I rather suspect if they exist it is only by the lack of aggression which has nearly taken out this entire planet on several occasions. But I respect it. (Very) well acted, a basically solid, if not all that original story, and beautifully shot.

Short answer Max is 'yes, you can.' Although it won't necessarily be any 'better' than closed cell foam. You'll raise effective box Qtc, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thought Prometheus was a good film? I can't say it was necessarily 'enjoyable', and I tend to lean toward the Carl Sagan view of possible advanced alien species in that I rather suspect if they exist it is only by the lack of aggression which has nearly taken out this entire planet on several occasions. But I respect it. (Very) well acted, a basically solid, if not all that original story, and beautifully shot.

Short answer Max is 'yes, you can.' Although it won't necessarily be any 'better' than closed cell foam. You'll raise effective box Qtc, that's for sure.

I have'nt seen that movie yet; waiting for the rip. But I think we started that fight in Battleship. How do we know those aliens new what a warning shot was; maybe they thought we just missed>:scratch:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.