Philips 9710 enclosure recommendation (pics) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2012, 07:09 PM   #1
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Blog Entries: 1
Default Philips 9710 enclosure recommendation (pics)

I took these two Philips 9710s today. they are like-new both are alike. I want your idea about enclosure. there is no limitation in size
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20060215457.jpg (66.4 KB, 870 views)
File Type: jpg 20060215459.jpg (154.8 KB, 831 views)
File Type: jpg 20060215460.jpg (146.7 KB, 826 views)

Last edited by ARIYAHOOR; 17th July 2012 at 07:13 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 07:22 PM   #2
lechuck is offline lechuck  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Amsterdam
Nice vintage speakers! If you don't have a wife at home then this might be interesting to look at:
Click the image to open in full size.

More information can be found in this nice article that Nelson wrote: http://www.passdiy.com/pdf/KleinHorn.pdf

Last edited by lechuck; 17th July 2012 at 07:31 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 07:23 PM   #3
diyAudio Member
 
Mark.Clappers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Netherlands, near the German border
You should probably start with gathering more info on these drivers. Especially the T/S parameters. Measure them if you can or search the internet. With this info you can properly sim enclosures..
__________________
Music is art - Audio is psychoacoustics & engineering
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 07:35 PM   #4
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lechuck View Post
Nice vintage speakers! If you don't have a wife at home then this might be interesting to look at:
Click the image to open in full size.

More information can be found in this nice article that Nelson wrote: http://www.passdiy.com/pdf/KleinHorn.pdf
Uh come on holly lord will punish me in an other-worldly place kiddin' aside, they are neck-breaking to build. I want something easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark.Clappers View Post
You should probably start with gathering more info on these drivers. Especially the T/S parameters. Measure them if you can or search the internet. With this info you can properly sim enclosures..
as these are very famous and widely used speakers, I wanted others opinion so I'll use their experience and build something which is successfully done before
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 07:44 PM   #5
DrBoar is offline DrBoar  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
DrBoar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Stockholm
Have you looked at Philips 9710/
If you use it facing forward you have to equalize it quite a lot. Facing upwards (Lowther America Prices ACE horn) or backward it works better (Decca Corner Horn Speaker)
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 07:53 PM   #6
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBoar View Post
Have you looked at Philips 9710/
If you use it facing forward you have to equalize it quite a lot. Facing upwards (Lowther America Prices ACE horn) or backward it works better (Decca Corner Horn Speaker)
thanks buddy for good info I'll use
question: will these 9710s play fairly well in a 45square feet room with a 3.5wpc SE 2A3 tube amp??
how do they sound like?
can I use a tweeter for better highs? I got B&C D32s laying around which goes up to 18-19Khz with 107db/w/m

Click the image to open in full size.
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 08:38 PM   #7
lechuck is offline lechuck  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Amsterdam
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIYAHOOR View Post
Uh come on holly lord will punish me in an other-worldly place kiddin' aside, they are neck-breaking to build. I want something easier



as these are very famous and widely used speakers, I wanted others opinion so I'll use their experience and build something which is successfully done before
You said "there is no limitation in size", so I figured this would be a nice example of why you should take a limit on the size
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 08:46 PM   #8
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lechuck View Post
You said "there is no limitation in size", so I figured this would be a nice example of why you should take a limit on the size
You didn't read my post literally I said "they are neck-breaking to build" not "they are too big" I can't build something like this. BTW they are big!
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 08:51 PM   #9
hm is offline hm  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
hm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: near Hamburg Germany
Default ARIYAHOOR

Hello,
for this driver may be my solutions an idea:
sathorn Schalmei, down 100 Hz
or double horns:
Posaune XL, Saxophon, RDH20
as a rear driver i prefer the Monacor SPH-210,
take a view
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alphorn schalmeihinterg.jpg (110.7 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Posaune_innen2_klein linberg.jpg (23.8 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg rdhb200web.jpg (18.7 KB, 94 views)
__________________
http://www.hm-moreart.de
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 09:06 PM   #10
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hm View Post
Hello,
for this driver may be my solutions an idea:
sathorn Schalmei, down 100 Hz
or double horns:
Posaune XL, Saxophon, RDH20
as a rear driver i prefer the Monacor SPH-210,
take a view
is this a BLH?
btw, how much do these speakers worth?
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: 14 x Philips Speaker: 1265/W8 + 1265/M8 + 9710/M8 jdkwant Swap Meet 1 6th March 2014 12:24 AM
Ringing in Philips 9710 Gregje Full Range 6 14th June 2011 08:56 PM
Question about bass driver in combination with Philips 9710? bezobraznia Multi-Way 3 13th December 2008 07:15 AM
Fostex FE206E or Philips AD 9710 M8 69122s Full Range 14 6th December 2007 09:29 AM
enclosure recommendation for tempest sub supes Multi-Way 6 12th March 2003 07:39 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:44 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2