completed construction of cabinets for 12" CF AN

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AN Cast Frame 12

I have a Zobel and notch filter at the the most prominent mid peak and they help tame things greatly without noticeable detriment . Just the zobel alone is a big improvement for my system .
I tried the next most prominent notch components but it just sucked too much life out of the system noticeable more so with vinyl playback than CD. I have 2 10 band EQ's, a Soundcraftsman and an Audio Source but neither have a slider close to the frequencies at issue ...so had to go with a stereo 31 band EQ which works well.

good to hear. I so want to try this driver. I'd like a big open baffle to run all the way down to catch some 6db crossed subs. My wife liked and gave the thumbs up for the phy open baffle (66" tall, center panel 16", wings 24" deep).

Kevin,
I saw your post over on the commonsenseaudio forum of the notch killing the sound. You just use a 31 band eq now ?

The phy with their 12" is seen here at 6:30+. The wings arn't flared out much and it is darn near the wall.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Norman

I use the 31 band EQ to notch out the 2 mid range peaks but have the Zobel and contour filter hardwired in place inside the cabinets . Michael Chua's recommendation for the Zobel and his contour filter worked out really well to address the impedance flattening and rising top end response.
The EQ is the stereo 31 band model by ART as it has unbalanced RCA I/O along with the balanced 1/4" I/O. The tech help guy at ART told me on the phone that "the unit is designed for that ! " but I'm using it with no issues or mismatch problems . I got it from Parts Express on sale .
I really want to get my AN 12's into a larger cabinet than the 2.8 ones currently in use . Maybe this winter .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.