Which 5-5.25" for 5-7L closed or sealed enclosure?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Which 5-5.25" for 5-7L closed or bass reflex enclosure?

Hello friends, I'm new here and hope I've chosen the right forum. Until now I just used german forums and didn't speak english often. I hope you will understand ;)

I'm searching for a good 5.25" fullrange-driver (could be a coaxial speaker too) for using it in a 5-7l closed or bass reflex enclosure on the dashboard of a Volkswagen New Beetle. A 6.5" driver could be possible too, but then the magnet and the basket have to be very small.

I don't want to pay more than 150$ per piece, less would be better :)

At moment I prefer the Tang Band W5-1611 but I'm open for other options. :cheers:

Last edited:
In german forums I have made the experience, that the car audio freaks aren't informed as good as the home audio freaks about drivers like this, but I will check it. Thx

I could be worrying over nothing, but my intuition is that the car audio environment is not particularly hospitable to the type of wide-band or even co-ax drivers that us home audio/video DIY freaks generally play around with.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The TB 1611 would be good (waterproof as mondo points out). It is a good sounding driver (althou they do have a bit of plasticy colouration, probably not a big issue in a noisy car environment). The biggest issue with it is the phase plug and open voice coil. Especially if it is facng up junk is gonna get in there.

dave

Thank you. The Mark Audio I know very good, but the the relationship of diameter and effective piston area isn't really good. I want to have a really dynamic until 100-150Hz and in a noisy car I think the mark audio will be limited very quick.
That was the reason why I have separated out the Fostex FE 126 EN and the Fountek FW146. Someone recommended the Cube Audio F 155 to me but I can't find some Info's.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.