StevenZ's Alpair 12P Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mark,
Little OT, but will you be doing a MAOP7? Still havent listend to the 12P's yet, but have the amp that is perfect for it now, so hopefully soon.

Hi Buzz,
Good to hear from you. Arrrrr...... you've guessed what's brewing on the test bench. I've got something in mind. Feel free to send me an email;)

What amp have you in mind for the 12P?

Cheers
Mark.

This one:D Sounds wonderful driving the 7.3's

Attachments

• F6 SIMP.gif
    F6 SIMP.gif
    82.9 KB · Views: 602
Which look ominously like a paper cone Alpair 10 to me.

if not, you might have just added another item to the Christmas wish list

it looks to me more like the current dust cap geometry of CHR series - maybe with magic pixie dust, oops, I mean MAOP ;) ; that's a joke - from my limited understanding of the process, I've no doubt that the MAOP does some very special things

no doubt Mark will let us twist in the wind for a while yet :)

My money's still on a paper cone. We already have the MAOP A10 in white & charcoal, so evidently it's not that. Agreed, the dustcap on the unit in the picture does look like the CHR cap, or the old gen.1 A10. Either way, be interesting to see what happens. Assuming it's a widebander rather than a midbass, and it is a paper cone of some description, maybe another dB or so sensitivity over the metal cone unit; judging from prior form, I can't picture it sacrificing travel for efficiency. No doubt we'll find out in the fullness of time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.