My New Audio Nirvana Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1.5 way with 3mH inductor, results in further improvement. These speakers kick but on Seas full range

Attachments

• 27062012237.jpg
    27062012237.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
From the little experience i have, this is what FR drivers do well. Simple ensembles which focus on individual instruments. Larger diameter drivers giving greater dynamics andbody. What happens when you throw denser music at them will tell the tale. I follow with interest as i am am about to mount a FR with 12" peereless in sealed box. Wife wont go for 3' baffles. Maybe cut a hole in the wall instead:D

I have not tried them with anything like rock, funk, blues, or fusion yet. Just focusing on how good the speakers reproduce instruments. The thing that really impresses me is the full body tone and clarity, and on a good recording it honestly feels like you have the band in your house.

i've found this to be the perfect torture test for full range drivers.

Daft Punk - Aerodynamic - YouTube

if they can deal with that, similarly competently as headphones or a multiway then they're good drivers. the 12" fane things i was playing with could not play that to save their lives, acoustic stuff sounded good however.

i've found this to be the perfect torture test for full range drivers.

Daft Punk - Aerodynamic - YouTube

if they can deal with that, similarly competently as headphones or a multiway then they're good drivers. the 12" fane things i was playing with could not play that to save their lives, acoustic stuff sounded good however.

what? that is silly :cheeky:

Evoid Droid - Excess & Portal Process

Booombox - Farbrausch & Rebels

don't blame me if the cones pack up and leave :D

(i think i might have sounded a bit condescending. not my intention. I like Daft Punk, a lot, especially their earlier stuff which were less intricate, but more... odd)

Last edited:
what? that is silly :cheeky:

Evoid Droid - Excess & Portal Process

Booombox - Farbrausch & Rebels

don't blame me if the cones pack up and leave :D

(i think i might have sounded a bit condescending. not my intention. I like Daft Punk, a lot, especially their earlier stuff which were less intricate, but more... odd)

those don't have the same layers of sliding notes. its the layering of notes that sweep across frequencies that show up the tonal inaccuracies of bad full range drivers, cone break up.

its not so much the bass i'm paying any attention to as this will most often be supplemented or not really needed for the music that i listen to, the accuracy is.

I think Evoid Droid has quite complex yet deep bass (in stark contrast to, say, this, which has an almost constant low bassline) Listening with headphones, i make out many nuances in the, what at first listen appears to be crass, low register.

its not the bass that i think matters for a full range. its how tonally correct they are (1-7khz type region). with a sweeping string note or harmonic or succession of similar notes on different keys, any nasty peaks or breakups will manifest themselves as shrieks and hiccups in the notes.

the FANE 12" for example sounded like a drunk person trying to sing when subjected to complex symphonic or orchestral pieces. problem with music like that for me, is it can take quite a while to find out the problems. with that daft punk song. its apparent after 1 minute of play if your drivers are struggling.

deep bass is something i see a dedicated sub-bass unit taking care of, that way the full range can focus on doing what it is best at without added complication. if it fails at its main task of pleasant musical reproduction, all the bass in the world will not make up for it.

oh my :(

please tell me the 12" cast frame AN i got will decently reproduce (eg) rite of spring :(

i'd also like to add, to what you said, that the recording plays a BIG role. I'd suggest only recorded natural instruments as a test.with electronic music it all goes to hell.

orchestra, quartets (solo/duet/trio/quintet etc)acoustic jazz, etc

oh my :(

please tell me the 12" cast frame AN i got will decently reproduce (eg) rite of spring :(

i'd also like to add, to what you said, that the recording plays a BIG role. I'd suggest only recorded natural instruments as a test.with electronic music it all goes to hell.

orchestra, quartets (solo/duet/trio/quintet etc)acoustic jazz, etc

i think we don't notice a FR drivers flaws with real music as much as electronic music because real music has its own flaws.

some music can sound incredible when mated with a certain driver. the expression 'beauty is in the imperfection'. all the mistakes combine together perfectly to express the music. i see this as the reason why many members here have many different systems all with their own character that adds extra life to the recordings they play. some recordings sound better on some systems than others.

i'm looking to find a very good neutral full ranger to experience a quality stereo image as my first designer system.

one thing to note about the 12" FANE. its played the metalicca S&M album brilliantly. the sound was huge and powerful. this is why i have my eye on the 15" audio nirvana drivers as the next system. i just want to see more information on it first.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.