My New Audio Nirvana Drivers - Page 46 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th July 2012, 12:25 AM   #451
Banned

What is your plan buzz? Is it open baffle? Is it FR with woofer support? Or do you plan to run them in isolation?
Old 25th July 2012, 12:44 AM   #452
Banned

Planet 10, the atmospheric pressure has been 1030 +/- 3 hPa. If you feel those atmospheric differences are significant I can include more detailed information
Old 25th July 2012, 12:49 AM   #453
diyAudio Member

I hope to build a building out back for audio and other hobbies. I hope to have a false wall an the ability to go infinite baffle or at least BiB like. Truth is, if i get them, i will try it all. My father and brother are both pretty phenominal guitar players, so i have grown up listening to old Fender amps with their large dual 12" drivers. That weight and tone is hard to reproduce with small drivers.
Old 25th July 2012, 01:54 AM   #454
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon Head View Post
Planet 10, the atmospheric pressure has been 1030 +/- 3 hPa. If you feel those atmospheric differences are significant I can include more detailed information
And temp & humidity. During the winter we have wild swings in all 3 of these parameters, and the same driver, in the same condition can vary 5 hz in Fs from 1 day to the next.

dave
Old 25th July 2012, 02:37 AM   #455
Banned

My room is controlled with both temp and humidity. I have it set to 18 degrees and 50% RH. Are you asking me to do tests at different levels of humidity or do you want me to keep it constant?
Old 25th July 2012, 02:41 AM   #456
Banned

I have humidity cabinets at work, if you want me to do the tests
Old 25th July 2012, 03:21 AM   #457
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

That's cool that you can keep your environment constant. Makes for more consistent measure.

dave
Old 25th July 2012, 01:34 PM   #458
Banned

Hey Tsiros. I was just thinking about some of the issues you are having. I reckon if you built yourself an F3 or possibly an Aleph J it might make significant improvement in the areas you are not happy with.
Old 25th July 2012, 01:52 PM   #459
diyAudio Member

I built an Mini AJ for a friend and it was the first time I got to hear it since building my first amps, which where AJ monoblocks. They are not my favorite down low, although good, but the midrange and top end is as good as any I have heard. You cant go wrong with them and i think MH has given an excellent recommendation. I can see them working very well with large FR drivers.
Old 25th July 2012, 01:57 PM   #460
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon Head View Post
I have honestly nad enough of this bull sh1t. This was a complete waste of my time sharing my EXPERIENCE with these drivers
ya sure ?

don't be grumpy
Attached Images
File Type: gif w00t.gif (5.3 KB, 133 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!