My New Audio Nirvana Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just using 3mH on the .5

Attachments

• 1_5.jpg
    1_5.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 744
any wife that balks at the idea of big huge speaker cabs, can be persuaded by letting her listen to some of her favourite music.

also, by reminding her that she can place a nice doily on them. Or a vase. Or a vase on a doily. Just not a doily on a vase, don't be absurd.

would be useful you testing and throwing up some T/S measurements for those units.

so much has been made of the specs being badly off spec and units not matching.

i got some Gui Sound factory clones. the T/S specs don't match anything listed under audionirvana but the drivers match pretty well as a pair. QTS within 0.01, VAS within 2ltrs, BL within 0.1, impedance curves being basically identical.

I gotta believe that GUI makes the drivers for AN.. dont you think??

they do. i emailed them directly trying to get some samples and they emailed DD at audionirvana and he contacted me trying to sell me some himself. the main difference between mine and the AN drivers is mine have a VAS almost half that of any of the 8" AN models. must have been a prototype design perhaps that they weren't happy with? they sound ok to me, no bass but very detailed as you'd expect for an 8inch driver with a BL of 12.

I'd heard that the neos are better, but for an initial purchase I'd rather try the 15cf first and live with it a year or 2 b4 upgrading.

I wouldn't worry about specs for the 15's. The qts will probably be much higher than .4, probably closer to .7, and the vas will be HUGE. So 8ft3 at least, and I like the sound of 30hz tuning over 40hz.

Good to hear you are enjoying them. I assume vocals are very good along with excellent left / right.

Are voices centered between speakers even when on axis with 1 of them ?

Norman

Yes I absolutely love them. Am in the Houston Audio Society and am not embarrassed at all. Also not embarrassed of my speakers ;)
No, listening position is very small. If someone were to sit left or right of me when the image is centered for me.. they would not hear the same thing. Its a one person show.
Duke Legune of AudioKinesis - sound that moves you builds some speakers I have heard (and loved) AudioKinesis - sound that moves you
They have a very wide listening area where everyone hears the same thing. Very wide meaning a whole couch of folks will hear the same thing.

At this point in time I can confidently say that the Super 15 cast frame is better than the Super 10 Neodymium. Assuming you were only buying one pair of drivers
So if you can only afford one pair of drivers the 15's are better.
Not sure whether 10 + 15 is a significant upgrade over 15 by itself, need to listen more.

Bear in mind I am only interested in open baffle at this point in time. I think the 10's will sound much better in the Fonken cab, or in Dave's (AN) ambience cab, but so far, the 15" sound really nice.
Vocals, piano, and acoustic guitar, sounds absolutely beautiful on the 15"s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.