My New Audio Nirvana Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:D
But is difficult trust you.... is a miracle that a small and light FR(mms 12.6 vs 50g ) can do bad vs Big 15" ......(quote)
probably a new law of physic:p

Well, one must bear in mind that the higher octaves are reproduced first by the whizzer cone, and then as you go higher up the spectrum, by the voice coil alone...
So the total mass of the cone bears little impact provided the motor strength (BL) is high enough to move the voice coil and whizzer (non-pistonic movement) at the speeds required. This is the case because the whizzer is actually decoupled from the main cone through the "mechanical crossover" composed of the whizzer/main cone junction....

Last edited:
sure! I'm glad that you like all night long , size matters :p
but one day you will found that a good 8" have more balanced hifi sound....

all the best dear

PS
sorry musician don't have good ears, and if you play in a rock band your hears system is killed after 20year :eek:

I am a jazz musician, and play at venues that play music no louder than you play music on your stereo. I play in bands because I love music, it is not my main occupation.

Could you suggest an 8" driver less than $400 a pair that you think would be better.

I don't know if you have heard the Great Plains Audio 604-8H-III, but these Audio Nirvana 15" drivers are just as good.

EDIT: Why should I trust your ears over my own ears? It does not make much sense.

Last edited:
Difficult to thinks that a copy of Altec compression driver can sound like a whizzer !:eek:

You must trust only your ears!

BudP is a very trustable !! will be great have more info....

The cast 15 is 498$ pair , I vote for Super 8 Alnico' same price ......
you know alnico is like a drugs for musician ;)[SIZE=+1]

[/SIZE]
Ps is not personal I mean that here we know that a musicial is not a math good ears, some thinks that brain know too much in advance (the note) [SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
sorry musician don't have good ears, and if you play in a rock band your hears system is killed after 20year :eek:

That's just plain wrong. I've been listening to extremely loud music with headphones (cans and in-ear) for 20 years. First with an aiwa nsx v70 and turned to volume to maximum. Then with external headphone amp (line6 ux1) and stanton dj pro 2000. Various others along the way.

I also play the guitar and i play technical death metal. I can set off car alarms with the sound pressure levels. you can feel the cement walls vibrate.

Yet i have so sharp hearing that it causes me problems. I can't sleep at night. Not only i can hear the CRT buzz and TFT CFL buzz, but I can hear my calculator's display buzz. Last time i got my hearing measured, it was on par with an infant's (doctor's actual words)

so no. To lose your hearing's accuracy it needs to be a combination of genetics and abuse.

edit: IN FACT if you can suggest me a way to LOSE sensitivity in my ears without causing tinnitus PLEASE TELL ME

Difficult to thinks that a copy of Altec compression driver can sound like a whizzer !:eek:

You must trust only your ears!

BudP is a very trustable !! will be great have more info....

The cast 15 is 498$ pair , I vote for Super 8 Alnico' same price ......
you know alnico is like a drugs for musician ;)[SIZE=+1]

[/SIZE]
Ps is not personal I mean that here we know that a musicial is not a math good ears, some thinks that brain know too much in advance (the note) [SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE]

Sorry about that. Yes $498 a pair.
I do have the 10" neodymium also. I would like to hear the 8" Alnico, but I wanted higher efficiency, so I went with 10" Neo as that is what David Dicks recommended that I try over the 8" Neo. I originally planned to get the 8" Neo
I never bought the 15s intending to use them as full range drivers. I never thought that they would be good enough. I only bought them as support woofers for the 10s, but the 15s are better than the 10s

Last edited:
Nothing to do with sound but the dynamics and speed that dual 10s have over single 15s.
This is applicable regardless of the application.
In addition to that more mid bass tone can be heard with 10s, this may or may not be applicable to hifi. I can definitely say I hear more mid bass detail with dual 10s.
Bass shops hardly even sell 15s now to Bass players in comparison to 10s.
This is probably going off topic now. I am not certain how relevant it might be to hifi, because I have not performed the tests with hifi recordings

EDIT: This has nothing to do with Audio Nirvana drivers, just my general experience using various woofer sizes for bass guitar

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Do you realize how foolish that statement is?

With some it is, with some it isn't. I have found musicians that have very astute ears for picking apart hifis, i have met some that aren't... they know what music sound likes and their brain fills in the missing bit. The latter guys as happy with a transistor radio as a real hifi.

dave

Dave wrote:
With some it is, with some it isn't. I have found musicians that have very good ears for picking apart hifis, i have met some that aren't... they know what music sound likes and their brain fills in the missing bit. The latter guys as happy with a transistor radio as a real hifi.

Well, that should put our hobby in some perspective. ;)

I my self, used to be a musician in my earlier days at this planet, and what I learned from that experience was that when your playing live, as a rock-musician the hard thing was to get the mixing-guy to understand that we need to hear what we were playing/singing. More often than not, we had to trust our intuition because one couldn't here what note we were playing. so...
And that's the level of anti-hifi most musicians are facing... HiFi? LOL :)

On the other hand, When I was playing the trumpet in a Big Band things are better, but the brass-section sit behind the saxophone/clarinet guys, so we didn't here much of them over say 1k. It's like the listener would sit behind their speakers.

So... don't expect musicians to automatically hear the small nuances of music reproductions.
But.
There is ONE thing all musicians can recognize and will certainly react to if it's not reproduced well, and that's dynamics.

Dave wrote:
With some it is, with some it isn't. I have found musicians that have very good ears for picking apart hifis, i have met some that aren't... they know what music sound likes and their brain fills in the missing bit. The latter guys as happy with a transistor radio as a real hifi.

Well, that should put our hobby in some perspective. ;)

I my self, used to be a musician in my earlier days at this planet, and what I learned from that experience was that when your playing live, as a rock-musician the hard thing was to get the mixing-guy to understand that we need to hear what we were playing/singing. More often than not, we had to trust our intuition because one couldn't here what note we were playing. so...
And that's the level of anti-hifi most musicians are facing... HiFi? LOL :)

On the other hand, When I was playing the trumpet in a Big Band things are better, but the brass-section sit behind the saxophone/clarinet guys, so we didn't here much of them over say 1k. It's like the listener would sit behind their speakers.

So... don't expect musicians to automatically hear the small nuances of music reproductions.
But.
There is ONE thing all musicians can recognize and will certainly react to if it's not reproduced well, and that's dynamics.

That's just plain wrong. I've been listening to extremely loud music with headphones (cans and in-ear) for 20 years. First with an aiwa nsx v70 and turned to volume to maximum. Then with external headphone amp (line6 ux1) and stanton dj pro 2000. Various others along the way.

I also play the guitar and i play technical death metal. I can set off car alarms with the sound pressure levels. you can feel the cement walls vibrate.

Yet i have so sharp hearing that it causes me problems. I can't sleep at night. Not only i can hear the CRT buzz and TFT CFL buzz, but I can hear my calculator's display buzz. Last time i got my hearing measured, it was on par with an infant's (doctor's actual words)

so no. To lose your hearing's accuracy it needs to be a combination of genetics and abuse.

edit: IN FACT if you can suggest me a way to LOSE sensitivity in my ears without causing tinnitus PLEASE TELL ME

can be Hyperacusis ? I haved in the past...me too ear crt and tft I'm 46 old , some antibiotics can lost earing :D:D
my twin 100w 2x12 is quite powerfull ;) but you have more for sure:D
my suggestion is use this ;) Etymotic Research, Inc. - ETY-Plugs ER20 High Fidelity Earplugs to avoid titinus
ciao

Qts effect

blu line -an15 ,diam 32cm ,qts0.48 95db
red line -8" , diam 18cm .qts 0.8 93db
green line - the 8" with increase of qts by tube amp

baffle 65x100cm for me qts is important as size ....

Attachments

• an15_ob.jpg
    an15_ob.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 167
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.