My New Audio Nirvana Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just a quick input, I'm the guy with the Enabl'ed stamped frame AN super 12's.
After reading on various forums, for more than 2 years about the AN line and most importantly BudP's very positive review of the Super 15, I think the super 12's just seem to be the runt of the litter....
I guess I just picked the wrong one out of the line.

Just a quick input, I'm the guy with the Enabl'ed stamped frame AN super 12's.
After reading on various forums, for more than 2 years about the AN line and most importantly BudP's very positive review of the Super 15, I think the super 12's just seem to be the runt of the litter....
I guess I just picked the wrong one out of the line.

Do yourself a favour. Life is too short to worry over $400. Some people spend more than that on crossover components.
Go buy yourself a pair of the AN15s. You won't regret it.

I bet they have a higher qts than the .483 spec

why? - I thought speakers with large Vas usually have low Qts and this driver has a large Vas

I read somewhere that Qts is inversely proportional to the square root of the compliance. Vas is proportional to compliance.

I know a German site that tested 2 of the an10 qts around .411 while the website lists qts = .278

Not really a big deal, but it would be nice. And yes there is the 10 percent fudge factor for their manufactor.

8ft3 tuned to 30hz.
Or open baffle, big as you can trading the wall bounce though.

Norman

I know a German site that tested 2 of the an10 qts around .411 while the website lists qts = .278

Not really a big deal, but it would be nice. And yes there is the 10 percent fudge factor for their manufactor.

8ft3 tuned to 30hz.
Or open baffle, big as you can trading the wall bounce though.

Norman
The TS varies widely with changes in temperature and humidity, and also with the change of air pressure.

The TS varies widely with changes in temperature and humidity, and also with the change of air pressure.

I have found they also change with signal output. So what is the correct output? Should they be tested at 1 Watt and 10 Watts or more apropriately what gives you 90 dB and 100 dB and then take an average? Should they be tested in free air or on a baffle? If on baffle then what size shoud the baffle be?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.