My New Audio Nirvana Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
if your AN15's are the ferrite model, I suspect they would sound nice in either the classic Karlson K15 or a custom K-coupler. AN10-ferrite got some nice needed punch and cone control in a little coupler. There's a number of variables to muck with in a K including front chamber aspect/volume, rear chamber volume, port type and placement, rear lowpass choke area, aperture flare, aperture starting gap.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

awesome. What dimensions on the Open baffle ?

I may need to get a pair. I'm in a new place with paper thin walls. I'm looking at wood for phy style OB. That an15 looks like best option for me as I don't need dispersion and can run a sub for movies........

I like the sound of impact, and 15's do that for me.

Norman

When you get your 15"s, listen to this:
Autumn in Seattle - Tsuyoshi Yamamoto

When my wife heard that song she said WOW.
The piano is amazing, and when the double bass starts playing, it so close to having the band in your house it is not funny.
When I heard that bass my heart nearly stopped. So clear and full of tone.

I need to start listening to other types of music to really test them out.

I didn't finish the baffles but I am very close. By next weekend they will definitely be finished.

Last edited:
Open Baffle Prototype

Some progress. Should have it finished next weekend. I will be using cardboard to play around with baffle width or try u frame etc

Attachments

• 24062012228.jpg
    24062012228.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 492
When did you get them?
It does not make much sense that you are not hearing anything worthwhile.
They are significantly better than the 10"s which are better than the 8"s, and there are a lot of people that love the 8"s.
What music are you listening too?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.