My New Audio Nirvana Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just thinking out loud here but ... what about the Metronome enclosure for the AN10? It seems to offer everything the 5.6 can with the possible advantage that it is designed to perform well with a near wall placement. And at least to some people a rather striking handsome appearance.

I need a reference point to compare everything else against. The 5.6 is a reference. I am not saying it is necessarily the best design.

Note: these plots don't how you the Xmax limited low-frequency extension. I don't think you can get down that low with the Audio Nirvana's whilst keeping them in a linear excursion range. The FE127's are the same, although my FE127's never complained when they were moving several mm despite an Xmax rating of less than 1mm. No experience with the Audio Nirvana so can't say what happens when you push the excursion beyond the published Xmax.

even at under a watt, my 15's sound better tuned to 30hz than 40hz (I rarely break a watt also).
It goes smoother, less thunk, thunk sound.

Build it with 2 ports (tuned to 40hz), then listen.
Stuff a port (now tuning is 27-30hz), then listen.

Norman

Good idea, it's just as easy to try it with both ports closed too. Maybe I make it user-adjustable for that little bit of in-room tuneability ;)

solovox is interesting. It seems to be redistributing the back wave, rather than a hard reflection off the front wall.

19.7" wide, 25" tall, 11" deep, but side walls 3/4 depth deep.
Those curved things are 3" apart behind the driver.

I just can't see much bass at all out of it.

Google Translate

I was even looking at JE LAbs till I saw this post on audioasylum.
Gortnipper maybe half way down the thread.
"Much better control and imaging than the having them in the JE Labs OB. Even the wife appreciates the sound. Just not the size." (about a gpa 604, a 15" coax)

Just so many things to try !!!!!!!!!!!!

Norman

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.