4ohm 6ohm 8ohm.... My home - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th June 2012, 06:39 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default 4ohm 6ohm 8ohm.... My home

I've got an Onkyo Ht-Rc360 I love it except I cannot find where to adjust the ohm impedance, only thing about ohm in the manual is "not compatible with 4ohm speakers"

I just bought a Pioneer center channel that I didn't know was 6ohm until I got it.

The rest of my system is 8ohm, but my AV buddy said it's no big deal, moving on...

Here's the kicker, newegg has Martin Logan Motion 10 floor speakers on sale for $120 each, a solid $60 under the rest of the internet. I want them but they are kind of 4ohm..... I say kind of 4ohm because in the description they say "Compatible with 6 and 8 ohm systems" and so I don't know if they are compatible or not.

What the hell happened to ohm impedance? I used to know how it worked, you matched the speaker to the amp and nothing blew up, but apparently someone changed the rules.

So to the AV gods of knowledge I ask you, Can I keep the Center channel? Can I get the Logans or should I keep on shopping?
Old 15th June 2012, 02:54 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I have set up using Yamaha 6 ohm center and Martin Logan Motion 4 ohm and works with no problem. Now Onkyo ht rc360 will get hot no matter what and I did not see the fan running. Probably this built in fan is just for design or so.About the motion 10 be aware they are not very tall. Motion 12 will be better for front speakers if you find them or they have the new ones but not cheap. I would not worry to much. Good luck.

Hide this!Advertise here!