2.1 Amps!??? Arghhh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2008
Paid Member
One may also consider using two of these, one in each FAST cabinet designed to work with the plate's crossovers... Might be a tad wasteful, but the convenience factor may be worth it to just quickly get up and running.

Last edited:
Joined 2008
Paid Member
FAST implies using a wide-band driver with a helper bass driver, crossed relatively low for 2-way operation. Many have used full range drivers on a narrow baffle with larger woofers mounted on the side(s) for low end support.
The acronym has no agreed-upon translation to multiple words. :D

FAST implies using a wide-band driver with a helper bass driver, crossed relatively low for 2-way operation. Many have used full range drivers on a narrow baffle with larger woofers mounted on the side(s) for low end support.
The acronym has no agreed-upon translation to multiple words. :D

none that will pass the forum censors, but working in trade, you could probably deduce the first 2

WMD_Flute copy.jpg

Here's a quick rendering of a design I'm working on (need to adjust the shape a bit) for a 2.1 system using full range drivers/sub with active plate amp. The sub(not shown) will be sealed and can be used as a coffee table.

Last edited:
subwoofer_test2.jpg

Thanks Colin, I haven't seen that design; is it german? Here's a rough render of the sub/coffee table. Wd probably need to isolate the top from the main cabinet. I'd put the 2.1 plate amp on the underside with the woofer so then have to move the controls off the amp and mount them somewhere. Also want to add an iPod dock with dac

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment. Yes thats an issue with the Dayton, a fixed high pass of 150 hz(2nd order). I would have thought that the actual x/o point is lower( where the 2 slopes meet) and can be adjusted down to 120hz or more?
The Keiga 2.1 has adjustable hi/lo pass.

Last edited:
Reflector shape

View attachment 304494

Here's a quick rendering of a design I'm working on (need to adjust the shape a bit) for a 2.1 system using full range drivers/sub with active plate amp. The sub(not shown) will be sealed and can be used as a coffee table.

Bit late, but you may want to change your reflector shape from hyperbolic (curved) to conical (straight). This was studied by the German magazine Hobby Hifi 3/2011 (still available on back order). The reflected SPL of the conical shape looks (= sounds) rather bad.

Jan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.