Lighter podzuma

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been looking around at portable speaker sets. I want an ipod dock/mp3 dock, but I don't want to a crappy pair of speakers and I don't want to shell out for the Bose/Altec Lansing versions. Plus I wouldn't mind building it myself.

I had a look at the podzuma, but I'd like something lighter and easier to carry around. I was looking at using a pair of CSS EL70s with the Mar-Kel70 enclosures and an Amp32 from 41Hz.

Any comments or suggestions on the setup? The enclosures are bigger than I'd like, so if there are recommendations for something smaller that still sounds OK I'd love to hear it! Also I haven't decided on the battery setup yet, but I'll look into LiPol or other options that are lighter than lead acid.

One more question about the enclosure: the plans for the mMar-Kel have the front corners cut at a 45°. Does that have an effect on sound?

I thought it wouldn't make a difference but I read in another thread about changing the shape of the front baffle to alter the sound. I was planning to route the edges of the speaker as a rounded corner.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.