Best enclosure for Fostex fe206En

"best"? - guaranteed to foster much debate and opinion - I doubt anyone alive has heard every published or privately held enclosure design for this or any FR driver to form such an assessment

That said, of the numerous designs by Scott that I've built or heard heard over the past few years, none of the more recent ones have yet to disappoint.
My only suggestion would be that if the room in which the system will operate can support the space required for a dual rear mouth enclosure, that you consider the Vulcan

Woden Design | Vulcan

vulcan-c-3d.gif

I don't think anyone has actually built-it so actual comments are scarce.

dave

I knocked a pair up when I was in the states last month, I fitted FE203 en-s drivers into them which I have since brought back to the UK. They sounded great, the room was pretty huge, like 30'x30'. I ordered a pair of FE206 en's for my buddy to fit but never heard them myself, I'll ask him what he thinks.

any steady and proven design preferably double-mouthed design which is better than factory cabinet?

The Kirishima is a new design because the FE206En it was designed for is a fairly new driver. This cabinet is actually an updated Sachiko which was designed for the older unavailable driver. You could look on this site's very nice search engine for Sachiko and get a fairly good idea how the newer Kirishima will perform. The newer driver in the newer cabinet should be a little better because this is how things generally work out and keep in mind that it's designer is also getting better as time goes on.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
...the new cabinet was better, even for the old driver and in terms of build difficulty and size there's nothing in it.

That is what we think, but only a very educated surmise until it gets built and comments come back. Reported to work with FE203En. Scott has had a pretty good track record.

It started out as Sachiko v2ß ...

dave

Are you sure? I can't remember the thread but someone definitely said the new cabinet was better, even for the old driver and in terms of build difficulty and size there's nothing in it.

did you mean "Kirishima" be the new one?

That is what we think, but only a very educated surmise until it gets built and comments come back. Reported to work with FE203En. Scott has had a pretty good track record.

It started out as Sachiko v2ß ...

dave

Dave can you tell me which one is your last release? what is Sachiko v2ß? what is Kirishima? what is what? I'm in maze :whacko: