Best enclosure for Fostex fe206En - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th May 2012, 07:29 PM   #11
Banned

any steady and proven design preferably double-mouthed design which is better than factory cabinet?
Old 29th May 2012, 08:47 PM   #12
hm is offline hm  Europe
diyAudio Member

Hello,
my be a few double horns and few satellites are interesting:
Schalmei, RDH20, SAXOPHON, POSAUNE XL
measurements, feedback etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2alphornhornsat.jpg (262.3 KB, 677 views)
File Type: jpg Schalmeisat1.JPG (142.8 KB, 636 views)
File Type: jpg posaune-mit-fostex-206e-006_55470.jpg (9.8 KB, 632 views)
Old 29th May 2012, 09:11 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIYAHOOR View Post
any steady and proven design preferably double-mouthed design which is better than factory cabinet?
The Kirishima is a new design because the FE206En it was designed for is a fairly new driver. This cabinet is actually an updated Sachiko which was designed for the older unavailable driver. You could look on this site's very nice search engine for Sachiko and get a fairly good idea how the newer Kirishima will perform. The newer driver in the newer cabinet should be a little better because this is how things generally work out and keep in mind that it's designer is also getting better as time goes on.
Old 30th May 2012, 05:46 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssportclay View Post
The Kirishima is a new design because the FE206En it was designed for is a fairly new driver. This cabinet is actually an updated Sachiko which was designed for the older unavailable driver. You could look on this site's very nice search engine for Sachiko and get a fairly good idea how the newer Kirishima will perform. The newer driver in the newer cabinet should be a little better because this is how things generally work out and keep in mind that it's designer is also getting better as time goes on.
thanks for description buddy ... I think I'd better go for Sachiko... where can I get the Sachiko plan?
Old 30th May 2012, 08:18 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
thanks for description buddy ... I think I'd better go for Sachiko... where can I get the Sachiko plan?
Are you sure? I can't remember the thread but someone definitely said the new cabinet was better, even for the old driver and in terms of build difficulty and size there's nothing in it.
Old 30th May 2012, 08:38 AM   #16
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubtingthomas View Post
...the new cabinet was better, even for the old driver and in terms of build difficulty and size there's nothing in it.
That is what we think, but only a very educated surmise until it gets built and comments come back. Reported to work with FE203En. Scott has had a pretty good track record.

It started out as Sachiko v2 ...

dave
Old 30th May 2012, 08:51 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
That is what we think, but only a very educated surmise until it gets built and comments come back. Reported to work with FE203En. Scott has had a pretty good track record.

dave
It was me used them with fe203en-s, they definitely work, I'm listening to said drivers in Vulcans as I write this and can attest to that combination also.
Old 30th May 2012, 08:55 AM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubtingthomas View Post
Are you sure? I can't remember the thread but someone definitely said the new cabinet was better, even for the old driver and in terms of build difficulty and size there's nothing in it.
did you mean "Kirishima" be the new one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post

dave
Dave can you tell me which one is your last release? what is Sachiko v2? what is Kirishima? what is what? I'm in maze
Old 30th May 2012, 09:08 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
did you mean "Kirishima" be the new one?

Dave can you tell me which one is your last release? what is Sachiko v2? what is Kirishima? what is what? I'm in maze
Yes Krishima.
Old 30th May 2012, 02:22 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:

what is Kirishima?

The Spawn Family of Double Horns

Hide this!Advertise here!