Combination of Back-loaded Horn and Fron loaded horn?!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
While not conical front horns, both the Beauhorn Virtuso,

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and at least a couple of older models of Tannoys employ something along those lines ( the latter of course also with coaxial drivers)

images

feel free to have at building a DIY version of either

That looks like a sketch you'd find in most of my high school note books! My experience is that they never sound as good as they look. ;^D

KM

you know what, Horns are natural amplification structures fundamentally... considering this they DO increase sensitivity... for instant if you place a speaker with 90db/W behind a horn, the horn will amplify the 90db of sound so you'll get more db at the mouth... so teorecitally if we place a for example Fostex 126En that is 94db/W behind a horn, the horn should increase the efficiency of the speaker so we might get above 94db at the same power ...

Who knows how to calculate the amplification factor of a Horn?
I know for a fact that for example my Klipschorn's mid-range compression driver which is about 105db/1W, won't even give 90db without horn!! this is because manufacturer of compression units, specify their products while using proper horn

The Lowther TP1s Imperator is a BLH and FLH. Some pics at Stunning Pair of Lowther TP1s Imperator/London in Natural Walnut, Boxed! | eBay
I would like to know, in this type of FLH, how much sensitivity augmentation to expect.
Also, can somebody please explain what means Jules Coleman of Enjoy the Music, reviewing the Acuhorn Nero 125
I though one was a consequence of the other.

thanks
is there any plan of this cabinet?

one Klipschophile might take it as a Klipschorn :D:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I got a pair of TP1's in the corners of my room.
They are about 80kg a peace and if someone has a truck they can take them away for free. 1 speaker has dirt in the magnet gap hence the free price. The high frequency horn is dampened with sand to reduce vibration of the horn.
Pm if interested.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.