Dallas II vs Kirishima - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th May 2012, 09:37 PM   #41
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafhenderson View Post
.... and the kirishima on the sketchup repositories
been done for sometime.

And i have a big lead on getting Dallas into Sketchup, given the vector drawing i took a snapshot of ... email meif you want that.

dave
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kirishima-3D.zip (33.3 KB, 166 views)
Old 26th May 2012, 01:05 PM   #42
tomlang is offline tomlang  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm looking forward to the final design on this. It may lend itself to a "hybrid" lamination on my CNC machine for two of the corners that are most visible externally.

For example, the two tight curves -- cut as stacked pieces -- won't take much more material than the three panels that must be cut to form the bends.

I would probably cut the "bends" out of some 1 inch MDF I have and the flat panels out of 3/4" plywood.
Attached Images
File Type: gif dallas 2 hybrid.gif (72.5 KB, 555 views)
Old 26th May 2012, 01:40 PM   #43
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlang View Post
I'm looking forward to the final design on this. It may lend itself to a "hybrid" lamination on my CNC machine for two of the corners that are most visible externally.

For example, the two tight curves -- cut as stacked pieces -- won't take much more material than the three panels that must be cut to form the bends.

I would probably cut the "bends" out of some 1 inch MDF I have and the flat panels out of 3/4" plywood.
looking at the radius of all the curves, you could realistically do the outer shell with a unibody design. i can get aeronautical grade ply @ 1.8mm thick for a decent price. if you made the template you could just build up the glued layers into your own 18mm ply. imagine correct choice of adhesive might also go a long way to increasing the dampening properties of the thing.
Old 4th July 2012, 02:50 PM   #44
castorG is offline castorG  Italy
diyAudio Member

What happened to the Dallas II plans..?

Ervin
Old 4th July 2012, 07:30 PM   #45
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

What is left after Windows ate the originals have been gathered here:

Ron Clarke Horns

dave
Old 5th July 2012, 01:46 AM   #46
diyAudio Member

Hi diyaudio and everybody in diyaudio
My name is Kha(Le Mai Kha)I'm come from Viet Nam.My favourist is hear the sound of spearker and power of amply,but in Viet Nam,we don't have much chance(if buy one speaker is too expenssive and it not too good to hear).and now,I want to assk you,is anyone can help me.I want buy 4 lower speaker of JBL about 30mm just the secondhand.anh 2 horn of Electro_voice and I want make a speaker like JBL 6600.please help me.please contact me with mail is le.mai.kha@gmail.com.thanks for all help.and this speaker I will use in my house
Old 8th September 2012, 05:58 PM   #47
diyAudio Member

I know this is an old thread, but what really is the difference between the Dallas 2 and the Kirishima?

Assume the same driver fe206en.

what is the difference in sound? different bass?

Thanks!
Old 8th September 2012, 08:49 PM   #48
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Bigger horn should give a bit more effortless bass. As well Dallas II was designed for the older FE206.

But either one are very good.

dave
Old 11th November 2012, 03:43 PM   #49
Trileru is offline Trileru  Romania
diyAudio Member

I decided to finish the Dallas II project so I began redrawing from the bits that were left online. I had access to a computer with SolidWorks software so I began drawing each piece and then assemble them together. I only encountered two minor problems and it may be that it was late and I was tired. I finished the 3D model and have each piece modeled separately but they are in the solidworks format. I could export them to dxg I think, have to search a bit for that thou. I attached some pictures with the problem areas but I think that could be very easily fixed. I may try the next week to correct. If interest is shown I could export all individual parts in dxf and archive them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (47.2 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (118.9 KB, 279 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (74.9 KB, 267 views)
Old 11th November 2012, 04:07 PM   #50
Trileru is offline Trileru  Romania
diyAudio Member

Forgot to mention that if you have all the pieces cut perfectly than you just connect one to the other, you don't need any reference points but the middle inside piece. That has to be constructed with some dimensions into account. If someone could tell me the reference points and dimensions I'd appreciate. To illustrate what I mean I attached a comparison picture to show how the center arrangement can move. I had no reference for it in my modeling software so I set it by eye when I took the screenshot.
Also there's one piece that I can't see how to easily manufacture, it's the turning edge on the lower pass. It's round and thick. I may make that from a 18mm thick piece and round it by sanding or some other means.
I also made a rough arrangement of all the parts included for one speaker and it seems that they would all fit into a 2500x1250mm plywood sheet with minimum loses.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a vs b.jpg (157.7 KB, 252 views)
File Type: jpg round.jpg (110.8 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg arr.jpg (103.9 KB, 87 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!