Alternate Full range 10" drivers - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th February 2013, 07:57 AM   #31
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stevodude
Batteries will be in Parallel to get a full day at full power :-)

Stole this off another post about getting the charge circuit right as I cannot justify the solar panels.

Original thread Charge a 12V SLA while using the amplifier.

I mainly wanted the info on the circuit in this simplified version:
Click the image to open in full size.

So from this I can assume that I can basically plug in any SLA battery charger and it should be able to charge the battery and supply amps to the stereo if left on.

Assuming the the battery + charger can supply enough current to: run the amp & charge the batteries...

I have a selection of 3 chargers from link 1 - 1amp, link 2 - 1.8amp and link 3 - 4amps or something else?

What I want to achieve is to be able to just use a regular IEC computer socket mounted on the Boominator, then I can basically plug the Boominator into the wall to charge the batteries (Charger is permanently mounted inside the Boominator).

1. 12V 1 Amp Sealed Lead Acid Battery Charger - Jaycar Electronics

2. 1.8 Amp 6/12V Sealed Lead Acid Battery Charger - Jaycar Electronics

3. JAYLEC BC9000 SMART BATTERY CHARGER 12V CAR MOTORBIKE CARAVAN AGM DEEP CYCLE SLA | eBay
Old 5th February 2013, 08:58 AM   #32
xrk971 is online now xrk971  United States
diyAudio Member

Nice work Stevodude. Are the handle cutouts also serving as the bass reflex port? Was that calculated to get csa and depth?
Can't wait to get your first sound impressions. Keep up the great work!
Old 6th February 2013, 10:21 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Yes, handles are doubling as reflex ports. And was calculated for surface area and depth by saturnus in the big boominator thread.

My metal cement I bought will not work, so I will have to resort to alternate glue is liquid nails etc, as the metal and agent go off too fast for me to mount the grills. (Too humid).
Old 9th February 2013, 05:38 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

Had an hr or so spare today so the grills are being glued in. I decided to also glue some speaker cloth over the heat holes, only that I know those damn paper wasps will try to build their mud nest in any place they can find...

Old 17th February 2013, 07:25 AM   #35
diyAudio Member

Some more progresses.

One set of woofers glued in.

Wanted to have the top removable, so some customs bolt brackets were built from various bits from a visit to Bunnings :-)

Shelf bracket, 25mm m6 bolt and nut, some screws. It will be sealed with a gasket of cork and rubber when I finally seal it up, so should be air tight enough, but I still may loose 1/2 or 1 db, but I would rather that so I can still access the amp, batteries etc.

The brass hex nuts don't detract from the overall feel, and they are quite flat.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
Old 13th August 2013, 10:04 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevodude View Post
Woot, found some reasonable priced woofer grills. Ordered!

Still need:
Wood
Resistors for piezo's
Batteries
Circle jig (going to make a diy jig for my router)
Some alluminium L shape for edging
Some glue/cement to join the hp10w magnets back to back.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-21.171309,149.127210
Looks awesome! I'm about to build my first boominator. Very excited! :-D - I'm wondering were you're got those woofer speaker grills, they look more sweet than the "usual". Unfortunately, i'm from Denmark, so I can probably not get them the same place as you, so do they have a name or anything else? - Also, do you know how well LED diodes lights through the grill?
Old 21st August 2013, 11:06 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

sorry for the delayed reply. I got them from my local electronics supplier Jaycar. not sure if the are internstional, but I think they get their stuff from alltronics?

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 4

Hide this!Advertise here!