Seas Prestige FU10RB H1600-08 4" Full Range - new at Madisound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I finally got a pair of FU10RB 4 ohm version at ebay.
I put them in sealed compartments of 1,5 litres aprox. I also managed to put in a third compartment a TA2021 board, a linear power supply of 12 V, an alps volume pot and a switchcraft 3,5 mm jack. I think they call it a boombox. I used an old central DIY speaker box I had layng arround. It's something I had in mind to do: smallish portable hifi system.
Got other things for full proper hifi.
It's okay, but I'm not sure if the drivers need burning or may be the amp need to be changed or ad some crossover parts...
May be the source, as I've been using an iphone and spotify: not the best source!
But the intention is to get the best mini portable hifi system. I cannot compare to my 2 way diy loudspeakers, its just a diferent thing.
I feel that at mid high volumes it can distort; olso it depends on the tracks I'm playing, for example rock or music with lots of instruments and voices it can get a bit muddy.
I've got to keep on trying: which is fun!

One of the changes I was considering is to use the connexelectronic TA2022 with SMPS and volume pot module. Looks very convinient for the power rating and it's small and compact.
Nice to fit in a smaller place.

Any suggestions? Any experiences with these fullranges?

Bye

I second that notion!
Clean, fine high frequency and no cone break up hurting your ears :)

Used in a flat wall mounted enclosure (like a thick picture frame) no baffle step correction needed.

Hi,

Two in a small box arranged as a 1.5 way away from walls
(as they have full BSC) will image somewhat better I imagine.

Not much not to like about a 4 ohm 1.5 way over a single
driver 8 ohm version, the extra 6dB sensitivity and SPL.

rgds, sreten.

(1.5 way is often called 0.5 way, but I think that is wrong.)

Last edited:
This one is on my short list as a midrange. Maybe, just maybe it is a driver that can behave between 500 and 5K in a 3 way. Not sure on the breakup modes. If we can get a REAL midrange and push the crossovers out of the critical hearing range, then all the "continuity" so sought after by the full range camp may be obtainable and still have a listenable result.

:D
Afaiu drivers change when used (suspension loosens up for example)
I find it questionable to burn/break in drivers for hundreds of hours while listening to them. The ear - brain - mind gets acoustomed to the soundsignature that way, so afterwards there is no telling if the driver realy changed for the better or if the listener got used to it. -> Mesurements help

Do you think this kind of tweeter Vifa OT19NC00-04 3/4" Fabric Dome Tweeter 4 Ohm 264-1122 will be okay to cover the higher frequencies with these Seas fullrange?
I like the mids a lows given that its a portable soundsystem. Those vifas are rated up to 30khz, so I would just add these with a simple filter like supertweeters, am I right? I know I did this with Fostex as they recommend with their fullranges: for example the FX120 and the FT17H with a single Cap used as filter or crossover. Does it apply the same or similar with these vifas?
It would be great because the size of these vifas is really suitable for the boxes.
Other solution is to try the Scan Speak 10F in fullrage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.