Fostex manufacturing...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I just received a set of 225's from Madisound, "made in china" was stamped on the box, I always thought they were made in Japan...

All documentation however is in Chinese writing, which makes me wonder if Madisound is selling gray Chinese local market drivers or did Fostex shift all manufacturing to China?

Hi

I just received a set of 225's from Madisound, "made in china" was stamped on the box, I always thought they were made in Japan...

All documentation however is in Chinese writing, which makes me wonder if Madisound is selling gray Chinese local market drivers or did Fostex shift all manufacturing to China?
They are Fostex, i don't know what % are made in China, prob the majority. The limited edition FE163En-S is made in Japan.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
AFAIK, Fostex & parent company Foster shifted most of their manufacturing to China several years ago. Special editions & a few others are still made in Japan.

+1

Madisound buys direct from Fostex in Japan. Fostex USA is the arm that sells pro-gear, not diy drivers.

Fostex's dedicated speaker production line was recently closed and production moved to Foster production facilities.

The top guys from the Fostex production facility have their own production facility now, they do make some drivers still for Fostex i believe, as well as the MA Alpair drivers (Mark & Evan are on-site workers for these production runs)

dave

Hi

Hi J,
Madisound are the official main N. America distributors for Fostex and Markaudio. They are selling the correct models from both our companies (not grey imports).

Very few drivers are now made in Japan. All the major and most of the minor makers have moved their production to China. This includes Fostex, who are just up the road from me, both production facilities are sited in Guangdong province.

Cheers
Mark.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.