MJK simulations - double mouth back loaded horn help. - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd April 2012, 07:14 AM   #21
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

reminiscent of Curvy Bruce... (which never got built)

Click the image to open in full size.

dave
Old 23rd April 2012, 07:20 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
reminiscent of Curvy Bruce... (which never got built)

Click the image to open in full size.

dave
i'm not going to lie, i have entirely plagiarized that design after seeing it posted a while back :P why did it never make production?

i wanted to play with suprabaffle shapes but i'm not sure how (if any) their use would change the predicted output of the design, given it would add an extra 5cm or so to the path length from driver to mouth. is it a highly significant increase?
Old 23rd April 2012, 07:26 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kctess5 View Post
I like this design, it has nice low end response, and i like how it looks. I wonder how it would model with some more broad range drivers (higher response), I can look for some similar drivers in terms or t/s specs but do you happen to have any others that might do well in mind?
i wouldn't use any design of mine, i have no idea what i'm doing. this is a fumbled attempt to make something useful for that driver whilst also seeing if i can achieve something aesthetically pleasing. its purely a practise and learning experience for a more expensive driver. as you can see from previous attempts i've posted, most my designs don't actually work. i'm lucky that GM has given me some very useful pointers for the enclosure design to follow that have subsequently given a much better looking simulated output (if i'm actually using the sheets correctly)
Old 23rd April 2012, 05:56 PM   #24
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafhenderson View Post
i'm not going to lie, i have entirely plagiarized that design after seeing it posted a while back :P why did it never make production?
Good to see this inpiring someone.

The fellow that was going to make them bailed.

Quote:
i wanted to play with suprabaffle shapes but i'm not sure how (if any) their use would change the predicted output of the design, given it would add an extra 5cm or so to the path length from driver to mouth. is it a highly significant increase?
sB is mostly about wavelaunch in this situation.

dave
Old 23rd April 2012, 06:42 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Quote:

sB is mostly about wavelaunch in this situation.

dave
so it will not significantly alter the terminus output, or overall combined simulations? perhaps just change the ripples slightly through adjusting the baffle step and such things related to that?
Old 23rd April 2012, 07:47 PM   #26
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

1/ No. 2/ Depends on the detail of the execution.

dave
Old 23rd April 2012, 08:34 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
1/ No. 2/ Depends on the detail of the execution.

dave
there's lots of stuff to learn with this speaker lark. my respect for those who produce these things has increased exponentially now i've seen how hard it is!

do you by any chance have a simulation of what the bruce or curvy bruce looks like in the MJK sheets? the major problem i'm finding with my learning process is i don't actually know what a speaker looks like on paper. as i've said before, many of my attempts seemed like a good idea in my head, and what happened on paper usually matches what i had planned, which is a planned failure! i don't need to know dimensions and things like that should they be private, just things like the response for the terminus and stuff like phase and combined calculated SPL etc.

thanks again for persistent answering of my silly questions, its very appreciated

Last edited by gafhenderson; 23rd April 2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 23rd April 2012, 08:45 PM   #28
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
do you by any chance have a simulation of what the bruce or curvy bruce looks like in the MJK sheets?
Somewhere. They are over 5 years old.

dave
Old 27th April 2012, 05:37 AM   #29
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
i abandon them as the design etc are deemed fairly useless so i don't see much point in flogging a dead horse.

what data do i need to post for my posts to be more useful?

its enough of a struggle just to keep up with all the abbreviations.
Then why do I have to repeat myself? You donít seem to be learning the basics before moving on.

The input data that generates the plots.

Yeah, thereís some from netlingo.com and a lot of technical ones [some conflicting] and Iíve added a bunch of my own to define various subsets of basic alignments such as BVR Ďhornsí.

GM
Old 27th April 2012, 05:43 AM   #30
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
does this look better?
Yes.

GM

Hide this!Advertise here!