EL70 Floor-standing Choices

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ahoy,

I like the idea of building a nice thin floor-standing speaker with a single EL70 and I am wondering if anyone has impressions of the Wooden Design Derwent, and any of the P10 designs (Floorstander Mar-Kel70, Microtower single driver)? All of them have nice simple designs as far as build goes. I could not find any builds of the Floorstander Mar-Kel70.

Thanks!

Kyle

Cool, I am going to start a build soon. Are there any parts I should leave exposed or accessible before I seal it up if there's any bad habits that need fixing?

KM

Hi Kyle,

Any progress on your built, I also purchased a pair of EL70En so I've received the planset. I really like the Floorstander Mar-Kel70T, this is the one with a slight slope and no cavity at the bottom.

Please keep us posted, so many design it's hard to choose the right one ;)

Rgds,
Eric

Hi Eric - The pair I am building are nearly ready to seal up. I'll post some photos on Saturday. I built the non-sloped version. I did a quick listen last night and they sounded good!

KM

You seem to know about the sound of the Mar-Kel70 1v1.1

Please tell us the sound difference between the Mar-Kel70 1v1.1 vs the Floorstander Mar-Kel70 0v91 you just built.

Thanks a lot, you probably built the first Mar-Kel70 floorstander.

Rgds,
Eric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.