Tannoy GRF Corner Horn and similar

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

These questions may seem stupid, but I want to know so I ask. I have built some horns years ago. Don't know how I came up with calculations for those, but they sound pretty OK I guess. FE164 as midrange/high and Seas CA25FEY/DD in the bassregion.
I had a brain hemorrhage a couple of years ago and my skills in math haven't been working properly ever since, therefore I don't understand some of the crap I did back then.

I have looked upon several cornerhorns, and I like the way they look. They somehow have WAF which is important in this house. I am low on cash, but I am thinking of building some sort of cornerhorn with drivers below. My woodworkingskills are 'B' and I have a tablesaw and the machinery to do it.

1. Seas CA25FEY/DD
    I would like these in the basshorn (Fs: 31Hz, Qes 0,33, Qts 0,28, Vas: 150,7 litres
  2. Fostex FE103Z
    Either use this in some tractrixhorn or the one below
  3. Fostex FE164

Now to the stupid question:
Did the old horns divide into two horns separately after the first throatexpansion or were they made 50/50 of the area?

Would either the FE103Z or FE164 work in a FLH cut around 250-300Hz?

If you don't ask. You will never know. If you don't try. You are plain lazy.

Not an exact question to your question, but perhaps useful anyway: in my opinion if you'll use a FR driver from say 300hz onwards then I'd try to use a smaller one without a whizzer for extra smoothness.

But, even so, if I would go for the effort of building such a rather complex enclosure, I would probably try to stay in the spirit of the original and put a decent coaxial driver in it. You'll be filtering anyway.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.