alpair 6p bsc and baffle width

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am thinking of building a speaker using a Mark Audio Alpair 6P.
The speaker has a built in Baffle Step Correction as shown in the following link:

Markaudio Alpair-6P Paper Cone 3.5" Fullrange Gen 2: Madisound Speaker Store

To me this would imply that there is some optimal baffle width that should be used.

The Mark Audio website has two bass reflex plans though, one with a wide baffle and one with a narrow baffle.

I would like to simply build a sealed box though. Can anybody recommend dimensions for a sealed box for this driver that takes proper account of the built in BSC?

If I were to try a bass-reflex design, I need help understanding the width required with respect to the built in BSC and why Mark Audio has two plans for bass-reflex with different baffle widths.

Thanks.

Whether sealed or bass reflex, it doesn't affect BSC for the most part. Baffle width and height is the biggest factor. And edge treatment will affect the diffraction where the baffle reaches full 2pi. The dip around 1khz in the manufacturer's spec sheet indicates a small baffle would be best. Maybe 7" x 12" or 10". There's a free program called EDGE that can simulate this for you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.