Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th March 2012, 04:57 PM   #1
kendt is offline kendt  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Need some opinions on OB

After much head scratching about a new ob project, here is what i decided on. I have two alpha 15's. I want to basically add to that the econowave speakers on ob. (same drivers no box) And the mini dsp with a biamp set up. I would like to hear thoughts on using the beta 12a. should it be used as is done on the ew setup or is there a better choice of midrange driver for this ob set up.
Old 20th March 2012, 09:22 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I think I should re phrase that. Is there any reason the drivers used on th EW system would not produce good results on an ob .
Old 21st March 2012, 02:06 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

What specific drivers are you talking about? The Econowaves are a concept as much as anything else. The concept is a modular compression driver and waveguide w/ a generalized crossover that would work with a variety of woofers as long as they could reasonably crossover at ~1600Hz. There have been a number of specific optimizations since the original, but there is still no single Econowave design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendt View Post
I think I should re phrase that. Is there any reason the drivers used on th EW system would not produce good results on an ob .
Old 21st March 2012, 10:47 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Oh ok well I was mostly looking at the set up on the OB blog. I dont want to stray too far from a proven comination, especially for the hf driver. I understand that some of them cans sound pretty unpleasant.

Hide this!Advertise here!