Zigmahornet or TQWT with Tang Band

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Zigmahornet is just a quarter of a wavelenght long and straight. My old Zigmahornet measures 150cm in height and has a Fostex FE103Z. The inner width is 10cm and depth 8cm. These were made in the 80's I believe. The "port" measures 10cm x 4 cm.

To get the quarterlenght you use this formula:
33130/fs*0.25

example for a driver with 70Hz:

33130/70*0,25= 118,3cm

For the start of the pipe you use the same area as the cone and the "mouth" the coneareax3

There are lots of stuff about this on this forum. Use the searchfunction.

It was the first speaker that I made, mainly to check if I was handyenough and also beause they look rather pleasing. For ease of cosntruction I kept the top flat however.
The speaker was interesting, was convincing for acoustical music, but it also convinced me that 10cm speakers do offer not solid enough bass for me.

MODEL TB ECONOMIC
W2-780SD 13,90EUR
W2-800SJ 13,55EUR
W2-802SE 12,68EUR
W2-803SK 16,32EUR
W2-835SI 16,85EUR
W4-654S 22,05EUR

think that is the best solution zigmahornets for full range economic. to use speakers for pc or micro hifi and maybe for use with t-amp

i wanted to use driver tb why are easy to find
i find the xl file bamed tqwpmetric to build tqwp sistem
grazie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.