Frugel horn drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of these and really like them.Proraum Vertriebs-GmbH | Shop | Midrange Drivers | AUDAX HM130Z10
I was wondering if they would work in the frugal horn mk3's

not a lot of clearance to the internal divider - you might want to add another layer of material to step the driver out a bit, but it should fit

"work"? - likely yes, although expect to need to play with stuffing of line below the driver - the niftiest way I've seen to accommodate for that is to make the top removable

judging from the graphs, even if you do get acceptable LF response, you'll very likely need a tweeter filling in from around 5-6K up - if you don't have an aversion to small domes, could be as simple as the DW74M or TFM025 F1 - or to as much as you wanna spend (Heil AMT or BG ribbons, anyone)

if doing something as silly :rolleyes: as the AMT, be sure to securely attach to the enclosure, and add extended base plate or outriggers for stability.

I have always really loved the aerogel drivers.If they would mate well with the boxes i think with the addition of some tweeters they'd make a very nice sounding speaker. Could be a very intersting project.

Next question

Are there plans available yet for the mk3. I have been following the threads and haven't come across any.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.