Fostex FE206En or FE126En for 6.5W SET - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th March 2012, 01:24 AM   #11
fakeout is offline fakeout  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Enjoy! You will stuff them to taste. Don't think for a minute this will be your last project!

Zilla
Well, at least he's saving time by doing... 1. Going with a plan that's already designed 2. The panels have already been cut for him.

Of course, this is very different from where I am right now where I bought a pair of Veravox 3X drivers that are designed for steered line arrays and tube amps and requires an EQ and a pair of Visaton R10SC which is a driver for a Public Address system. Then I ordered two binding posts instead of 4 and that was before I found out some models have plastic on them to avoid electric shock. But, I am laughing at this because I was expecting it. The first time I tried to learn how to put a computer together, I was not impressed by the speed so I sold motherboard/CPU/memory TWICE on eBay before I was satisfied. Oh well, at least I got to a point where I made up my mind whether I want to solder or use terminal disconnectors. I decided I'd rather use a crimping tool and put terminal disconnectors on there. And maybe I won't use binding posts at all, just run them straight to the amp. I might end up ordering another pair of binding posts just to put them on a pair of speakers that I'll eventually sell. At least I'm getting into it.
Old 28th March 2012, 09:38 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Is that little fostex horn set still available? If so, how much with shipping to California?
Old 28th March 2012, 09:55 PM   #13
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

wokerbee,

Me? The FH3 or the proto BK12m?

Chris and i finially got both together last night and finally did a comparo. As expected they are broadly similar. The FH3 has an edge in imaging and the BK12m suffers from a tiny bit more midrange colouration -- we surmise from the close proximity of the back wall. Some experimentation with damping, deflection could help there. The BK12m get an edge anywhere were placement near a wall or corner isn't possible.

FH3 flat-paks are in (more or less) constant production. More & more people are asking us to ship finished (5 of 47 so far) and the BK12m are freed up to go to a new owner. eMail me for detail.

dave
Old 28th March 2012, 10:02 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Sorry, I'm looking for a BK12m set for my Bogen RP-230 receiver. It's only 15 watts, so I think they'd be a nice pairing. Please email me the details at jazzworkerbee@gmail.com

Hide this!Advertise here!