Single driver bliss!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Bob, and everyone who cleared up the difference between the Tang Band drivers. Bob how do you like the driver, as i see that you have done some work with them. Can they do bass and play "fairly" loud - do they need the filter circutry that was added (this is to tame the highs i suppose?) or is this subjective?
I'm new here. been "lurking" around and dont know too much - just trying to pick brains and learn as much as i can...sorry
Mike

Thanks Larry I see that.
I was following the thread the other day and scrolled down too fast and missed it.
**A quick question on tuning the bass with the port - does tuning it lower (more bass) increase the excursion of the driver, or is the tuning strictly a byproduct of the cabinet & port and does not additionally tax the driver ?

Tuning lower has limitations, like less vent output. My drivers had an FS of 51hz out of the box and my tuning is at 40 hz so I think I am at the limit of benefit. The driver has less excursion at max vent output but increases as frequency decreases! The bass response on my speakers is very good in quantity and quality!

Larry

Single Ended Bliss!

Had the pleasure of listening to Jims recently completed 6CB5 se tube amp driving my TB 1772 speakers. It was a very enjoyable experience and the amp sounds AMAZING!! See the thread 6CB5 AMP BUILD in the tube forum. Nice job Jim! I want one!!

Larry

Attachments

• amp pics 015.jpg
    amp pics 015.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 151
  • amp pics 017.jpg
    amp pics 017.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 142
  • amp pics 008.jpg
    amp pics 008.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 141
  • amp pics 006.jpg
    amp pics 006.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 141
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.