Ladies & Gentlemen - The Emken - Page 47 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th August 2012, 09:15 PM   #461
sippy is offline sippy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I'd be more than happy to slap him myself JKRO, but my lovely lady is a WPC serving with the Devon and Cornwall Constabulary and would not approve.
Old 30th August 2012, 09:20 PM   #462
diyAudio Member

We're watching Paralympic Basketball, England v Germany atm, Amazing athletes.
Old 30th August 2012, 09:32 PM   #463
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sippy View Post
I'd be more than happy to slap him myself JKRO, but my lovely lady is a WPC serving with the Devon and Cornwall Constabulary and would not approve.
or might want to join in?
Old 30th August 2012, 10:50 PM   #464
diyAudio Member

Quote:
or might want to join in?
Clea laughed at that Chris
At 5' 10", 130lbs ish and 8hrs of kick boxing a week, she would kick the stuffing outa him plain and simple.
Old 4th September 2012, 06:04 PM   #465
diyAudio Member

Well, the wood saga has finally come to an end.
The numpty helped me load my goods into the van and handed me an envelope......
"A small something by way of apology"
Diesel for van paid, beers for the lads who didn't manage to get the wood first time round. and a bit left over for a bottle of wine to go with the Bass we're having for tea.
I also managed to get the chippy who's going to do the cutting 2 private jobs,so there's no fee for my job.
I had to write a very succinct email to the guy, saying that I wanted my wood back or the Police would get involved as he was committing theft.
So, with a bit of luck and a few days of good weather, I should shortly be EmKen enriched.
If their completed in time, they might even get a public airing as sound reinforcement at a screening of a new local grown surf film.
Old 4th September 2012, 07:35 PM   #466
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to JRKO
On first reading the only thing I really got from your post was YOU GOT SEA BASS!!!!! who? me? jealous? not half

Glad you got it sorted Sippy
Old 4th September 2012, 09:03 PM   #467
diyAudio Member

*burps*
That's HAD Sea Bass, cooked in a light garlic butter,a few fresh 'urbs,, under the grill wrapped in foil, served with new taters and salad......with a bottle of white to wash it down.
The friend I went fishing with landed a beautiful 3lb'er after work, 5th cast at his secret spot just round the the corner from Falmouth. Strange how this year they're so plentiful and of good size.
Old 5th September 2012, 09:08 AM   #468
diyAudio Member

How long do you reckon you've got on your 12lta's now? they must be pretty run in by now so you should get instant gratification in a cabinet

We're getting a good size selection but I'm seeing mostly schoolies at the moment. Between 4 of us yesterday we caught 20 big mackerel, 4 gurnard, 1 garr and a starfish!

Gurnards went back, 3 mackerel were dinner 3 are bait and the garr got so tangled in my mates feathers we had to dispatch it, so its bait as well

This 11lb 4oz lump was caught from Brighton marina recently. That weight was 6hrs after the catch too!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bass.jpg (57.7 KB, 199 views)
Old 5th September 2012, 07:22 PM   #469
diyAudio Member

Hours on the 12lta's......
*scratches chin
Some where near 100hrs, maybe a few more than a 100. I go to work and put on sweep cd or whatever at low level, game through em and have em on for back ground noise. I noticed the change strait away when I removed the dust cap, horridly shrill (ear bleeding) in the upper freq, removal sorted this out. Then I found and ripped my test tones, letting the cones flap about with 10 - 40 sweep for 1/2 an hour while I walked to the shop and back, saw them go from very retentive sounding to throwing a bit of an image.
9hrs of them playing sweeps and a tune under blankets, face to face and out of phase got them smoother. That was weeks ago, I noted it in this thread.
Even with them propped against my current speakers on the floor, Holly Cole's dog as recorded on Temptation walks past at a realistic height, Ms. Cole sounding surprisingly deep. Even better is the rock band Bhodazaffa, their drummer gets really excited in one song and gives the snare a right whack, the stick bouncing 3 times, the last with an almost comical ping.
For Sim Racing, I'm very very tempted to buy a second pair and mount them in 3ft x 2ft baffles with a base and plonk em on my stands either side of my tv, the sim not needing much in the over all response area, but rather a sense of space. There is a definite sense of Inside the car and Outside the car - when one runs over a bit of gravel thats been dragged on track, I can hear it ping on the floor pan where as marbles make a rubbery thump.

Not much progress made on construction today, Matt the carpenter had been digging tools out, making a job sheet and laying out on ply for router jigs.
Tomorrow the templates get made, then wood cutting, Matts going to do the front baffle - T-nuts and routing, I will be doing the holey brace and we might even get the sides together.
Old 5th September 2012, 10:44 PM   #470
diyAudio Member

All good news and over such a short period of time - I'm not used to your build progressing so rapidly

BTW Your gonna love what a phase plug does to them!

Hide this!Advertise here!